Monday 23 February 2009

Camera Strap


I bought this strap for my canon 30D and it is much better than the strap that came with the camera. Carrying the camera with the lenses attached, does not cause my neck pain. The strap is padded with neoprene which does not "dig" into your neck, and you can quickly disconnect the strap with the "quick disconnect" connectors. Even in the hot sun sweating, the strap does not cause discomfort. Note, I have not yet tried the strap with a heavy "L" lens, but it works great with the smaller lenes.

ps, it also makes you look more "professional" if you care about such a thing... OP/TECH USA 1501012 Pro Strap for cameras and binoculars- neoprene (Black)

I bought this strap to replace a Nikon strap for a D90, 50mm lens, and the heavy SB900 speedlite. OP's strap DRASTICALLY reduced fatigue and pressure, making the camera feel less than half its weight.



It does this by combining a wide, thick neoprene piece and stiff elastic sewed onto it. You get "goosh" from the neoprene, and just the right amount of "give" from the elastic.



HOWEVER, the neoprene/elastic section is at the top / in the middle of the strap, and is about 10 inches long (in the sample photo, the neoprene section is the larger/wider part) . The rest of the strap (the two sides that are skinny in the photo) is a rough nylon-type fabric, with plastic clips to quickly attach/detach the strap from the camera.



I am female, so I frequently use the camera when wearing a scoopneck blouse where part of my upper chest, back, or shoulders are exposed. The nylon fabric was soo rough and scratchy to my skin, that I could hardly bear the strap longer than 10 minutes before my skin felt raw everwhere it was rubbing. The neoprene and elastic section was so comfortable I wish they would have just made the entire strap out of that.



To salvage my purchase, I used a sewing seam ripper to disassemble the strap, and sewed the comfy neoprene strip onto my original Nikon strap. This was a perfect compromise. It was not quite as good as the original due to being unable to use the stretchy elastic section. However, the OP strap would have been otherwise unusable because of how horribly it rubbed my skin. Thankfully, the neoprene strip sewed onto my Nikon strap is awesome - I have worn it for two 2hr shoots, and it was very comfortable.



I wouldn't expect a guy to have any problem with the strap, because men's shirts cover the skin all the way up to the neck, so the roughness of the material would not be an issue. If you are a guy, you will love the strap! If you a girl, perhaps try something else, or remake the strap like I did, or plan to always wear shirts that cover you completely to the neck.



I gave it two stars because it would be completely unusable to me as it is (1 star), but since I was able to take it apart and use part of it very nicely, it gets one more star.

I very often carry 2 Nikons, both with the MB-10 battery pack. I purchased one of these straps to see if it would be effective. What a difference! You will not believe how much lighter your camera feels! It is so much more comfortable and balanced around your neck or over your shoulder. There is simply no comparision to the $5 strap supplied with your camera. The length is very adjustable and the wide part can be easily removed via plastic clips when your camera is on a tripod. I have already ordered 2 more [one for my other camera, and one for my daughter]. This is a great product that, by the way, also looks very professional.

I was plagued byt the stock strap for my Digital Rebel XTi and knew there existed a better product. Based on professional forum postings, I gave this one a shot. Now I no longer am tired of wearing my camera for more than thirty minutes and recently spent time with this around my neck for almost 6 hours continuously during an event shoot.

I have always used Op Tech straps as they have never let me down even in the days of film. They make your load so much more comfortable and have solid construction they really need to be put on every camera you use. Nothing beats a Classic as they say, but the Pro is a bit better as it forms more to the neck and shoulders of the user. The Op/Tech Classic strap Op/Tech Classic Strap for Cameras, Camcorders & Binoculars - Red is still a worthy buy, it just got moved to my back up camera.



C'mon folks, you pay good money for your camera. Fork out a few extra dollars on a good strap that will allow you to shoot all you want when you want without worry of aches and pains. Trust me; after a few hours of carrying even a lighter set up around with this strap on instead of the one that came with your camera, your body will thank you.

Excellent product. I purchased this to replace the original camera strap that came with my Canon Xti, as it was just not comfortable enough after I addedd a 100-400mm Canon lens. This product worked out perfectly, long enough to make it possible to carry my camera with this large telephoto lens crossed over my shoulder, and under the opposite arm. No strain on the neck, as I can help support the weight with one hand on the lens.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Camera Strap Camera Strap Camera Strap