Thursday 26 February 2009

Tool - Wookworking - tool - wookworking, marking rule


If you haven't yet used an Incra Rule of one sort or the other, you are missing out on exceptional precision and well thought-out manufacturing. The Bend Rule is one of many different Incra Rules that meet specific requirements. This one is for precise measuring and marking along a 90-degree edge. Also available in 6-inch and 18-inch (both of which I own).



Quality is very high, and though on first look, the rules seem a little flexible, that is by design. The premium paid in the pricing of these rules is a little steep, but in my opinion, well worth it in spades.



An Incra 5mm mechanical pencil is included with each rule, and more of these precision marking pencils are available both on Amazon and elsewhere.



STRONG Recommendation! Incra BNDRUL12 12-Inch Incra Precision Bend Rule

I was impressed with the idea of a bend rule and, thus, ordered one. But I

received a flat one instead from Amazon. However, the Incra packaging is saying

that it is a 12" precision bend rule and shows such a photo! (I expected a bend

rule to be in 'L' shape with 90 degree angle.)



So I thought if I put some pressure then the rule bends easily in the middle

at 90 degree. When I did, it got bent but the end result was far from

satisfactory. I do not think such a bend rule should be bent by customers.



Unless I received a wrong bend rule by mistake, I do not recommend this rule

to anyone.



PS: I checked the rule once again carefully and found that what I received is

not the 12" bend rule but '12-Inch Incra Marking Rule'. I am not sure how a

marking rule is put inside a bend rule packaging. I sent an e-mail to Incra and

will let you know what happended when I hear from Incra.



PS #2: When I sent a complaint e-mail to Incra, I got a reply saying that Incra

will send me a bend rule as a replacement for free. I received it today. In addition,

Incra also sent me a metric version of Incra T-rule. What I originailly bought together

with the bend rule was an inch-based imperil T-rule which is almost useless for those

using metric measurement system like me.



I appreciate Incra customer support team's efforts and I am sure that I will use both

of them a lot! And that is why I change the star rating from one to five.

I bought this for my neighbor who is a little obsessive about being percise. He loves this ruler and uses it all the time. The only down side is, you have it be careful with it. Because of how thin it is and all the holes in it, it is easy to bend and throw off.

I like the idea of this ruler, but what you can't tell from the photos is that the metal is very thin and bends easily. If you can be careful with the ruler then it might be OK for you, but I don't think it would last long in a toolbox. - Marking Rule - Measuring - Layout Tools - Tool - Wookworking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information