Wednesday 25 February 2009

Computer Add-ons - keyboard protector, macbook


I ordered this product for my new Macbook Pro 13in. Wanted to protect the keyboard from dust, spills, and scratches (while adding a girlie hint of flair)! The skin fits PERFECTLY over the keyboard. Slips right over the keys and stays in place, without shifting or sliding while typing. The pink keys look adorable! I love how this particular skin only has color over the keys, not one unicolored piece (like a few other styles i've seen) So it actually looks like the keys are colored! Great product for anyone that wants to add protect their Macbook, with a little colorful flair! IVEA Pink Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for New Aluminum Unibody Macbook Pro 13" 15" 17" - FIT ALL

I ordered this July 12th and it arrived July 15th so it was a very quick delivery.



I like the pink but it's not that great of a fit. The letters/symbols/numbers on the pad don't actually line up with the letters/symbols/numbers on the keys. The outside corners, particularly those closest to me, are turned upright a little which is somewhat annoying as I was expecting it to rest right against the keyboard. I'm going to keep fiddling with it to see if I can get it on better but it would appear as though the clear part is just a tad too big so instead of resting in the dip of the keyboard, it extends a little past it.



It's a little difficult to type. I seem to keep "missing" the keys somehow but I imagine I'll get used to it over time.





[I own a Macbook Pro 13 inch.]





Additional information: I've only had this cover on for a few days now and it would appear as though the pink is wearing off some of the keys. The spacebar has a big hole and the Shift key is beginning to develop one as well. It kind of looks junky with the pink wearing off like that since the black is shining through really clear now. =/



Not sure I like it quite as much now so I'm rating it over again.

this is a cute cover, and serves its purpose... the only thing i didnt like, was that the #s and letters that are printed on the keys, don't line up with the actual backlighted keys and some of the symbols are wrong or missing... but u can see the backlighted keys through the pink if your in the dark to figure out whats what... its cute though and does what its meant to do.

... which in my case is keeping the cat hairs off the keyboard. And it's dirt cheap. I bought it because the 2011 MBPs won't work with external monitors unless the cover is open & I didn't want to leave the keyboard unprotected when I was using the external one.



I won't leave it on while I'm typing because it adds just enough resistance to make typing uncomfortable. But the rest of the time the cat hair & cookie crumbs can fly where they want.

I was super excited about this keyboard cover, especially because it says its for the new macbook pro. I just got a 13" mac pro and was totally disappointed because it doesn't fit at all. I've been using it for a week now and its horrible. I can barely write and the letters do not match the apple keyboard letters at all. In the evening i feel i'm looking at the keyboard without wearing my classes, i.e. you get dizzy! It looks nice when you look at it but DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE MBP 13".

i must mention i did receive this product quickly, BUT i thought it was pink.... i received a BLACK key board NOT PINK.... very dissapointed... i was very excited but let down when i opened the package and saw BLACK!!

I ordered it Sunday May 22 and got it that Thursday. So I guess it shipped timely enough. I didn't expect it to be packaged like it was. It was sent in the mail and in a brown envelope. But the product itself wasn't damage so I was fine with that. It fits like a dream for a most part. The backlight thing that everyone continues to mention isn't bad at all. You won't get dizzy looking at the keys and if you adjust it just write you won't notice much off it. If it does bother you, you can always take the thing off and place it back on later. It's not bad. The color is cute and is as shown. It gets a little darker seeing as the keys it's placed over are black but that's common knowledge. People have asked if i specifically ordered pink keys on my macbook pro, lol. It's cute and does the job efficiently for a cheap price - Macbook - Keyboard Skin - Keyboard Protector - Dust Covers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • keyboard protector
  • ,
  • dust covers
  • ,
  • keyboard skin
  • ,
  • macbook