Saturday 28 February 2009

Digital Camera


I have tried so many different cleaning tools, and I always stuck with the basic lens tissues and cleaners. But with today's lenses, they didn't do the job (speed and ease) I was looking for.



The guy at my local (100 year old) camera shop recommended I try one of these.



I have removed all other cleaning items out of my bag except for one "cloth" that I use to clean the outside of my camera and this pen.



Always start with the "brush" to brush away any grit or sand that could possibly scratch the lens. Then lightly, use the other side (felt) to clean away smudges and other marks. It's quick, easy and unbelievably effective!



I use it on my lenses, the LCD of my SLR and even my cell phone.



The first one lasted me a year. I am on my second and recommend it everywhere I go. LensPEN Lens Cleaning System

I read about the LensPen in a photography magazine and decided to give it a try. Trying to keep DSLR filters and camera lenses clean is a chore, especially when cleaning liquids keep leaving some smearing, no matter how careful you try to be. The Lenspen has two types of cleaners in one small package -- a very good dust brush and an excellent cleaning wiper for smudges or dried moisture spots. I learned the hard way that dust can build up over time, especially on the small lenses of point and shoot digital cameras. This makes the pictures you take blury and darker than they should be. Don't be disappointed, if you want to keep those pictures as crisp as when your camera was new, you need to keep a lenspen in your camera bag and use it before every shoot. Two great tools in one tiny package make this job as simple as can be!

I used to use microfiber cloth to wipe off my lenses. I realize now how unnecessarily time-consuming and risky that was. This is a must-have. I am VERY picky about minute smudges on my glass. This "pen" flawlessly polishes them out quickly, and to me, the less time I have to spend rubbing something on my expensive lenses to clean them, the better. I didn't know water drops or smudges could come off so fast without a trace. Great product, and gentle on your glass.

Quick and Easy way to remove smudges and dust from SLR Cameras and Lenses.



Note:

When Amazon was out of stock, I ordered from a 3rd party vendor, Eforcity and received a counterfeit product. It wasn't the same high quality as the original Lens Pen and it went back to that vendor for a refund. I reordered from Amazon and received the correct product. So beware of counterfeits that are not of the same quality. I have used the NIKON version of the Lens Pen and it is identical, except for red vs. yellow plastic with black and of course, the higher price.

Some people have complained about getting a knock off but as long as you purchase it directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party seller, be assured that it is the real thing. See the third image for the one I received versus the fake one (second image). It does its job and is no different from all the old Lenspens I have used before. Good price, good product. Any carbon particles can be blown off with a rocket blower or with a similar contraption.

This is a great cleaning option to keep handy. I too have stuck with cleaning fluid and tissue, and will continue for thorough cleaning, but having this tool in my bag is very convenient.

The brush is great and the pad seems to remove smudges well.

With the first use I saw excess cleaning solution on the filter, but subsequent usage shows no signs of excess or streaking.



Highly recommended for portable cleaning.

I searched Amazon for "LensPEN LP-1" (the actual product name) and was brought to the page for this item. This is NOT a real LensPEN. It is a cheap Chinese knock-off. If you want the original item, keep searching because this isn't it. I don't know if this item actually works, because I won't risk using it on my very expensive equipment.

I don't believe this is a genuine LensPen. This one leaves a residue behind whereas I have a LenPen "micro" Pro and it is brilliant. Also I believe all real LensPens have the brand name on the pocket clip. Still, it's a nice brush for $3.

I order a Lenspen lens cleaning system by "LensPEN" from Amazon marketplace(HDE). I received the item and tried it on my lens, believe me my lens looks very bad after using it. I think I got an duplicate product because nowhere it says the manufacturer as "LensPEN". Be careful in choosing the seller.

Tired of smudging your LCD screen with your nose while looking through your camera's view finder? Then, a lens pen is for you! With a quick swipe, smudges are instantly gone. I can't believe I did not have a lens pen before now...you will be please, too, I'm sure.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Camera Digital Camera Digital Camera