Friday 27 February 2009

Fishing Equipment


I have two of these and they work great for channel catfish. I have not used them for large blues or caught a flathead on one, but for large channels they hold up nicely. The bait alarm seems gimicky but properly adjusted it has alerted to me to many fish when my back is turned, I'm snelling a hook and not watching, or down the bank putting a fish on the stringer. To make the spincast bait alarm work correctly you have to point the rod tip toward the water so the rod holder needs to be the right kind, not a verticle one. Bass Pro sells a nice bank rod holder that works well with these combos. In 3 years I have had to replace the batteries once on one of the reels (very easy to do), and of course the line should be changed out at least once a year. This is a good combo for beginners and serious fishermen alike, it should not let you down. Zebco HAWG SEEKER/702MH WithBITE ALERT SC Fishing Rod and Reel Combo

got this last week and wow, i was impressed! its hard to judge on the net, but i dont have a local bass pro near me, so i chanced it and im glad i did! the only thing is the batteries were dead in it on arrival, but its only a few bucks to replace it. also the end piece (the half not shown) is yellow. like bright fluorescent yellow lol it was a shock when i opened it, it didnt bother me but i thought it should be mentioned.

Just bought this item and used it over the weekend, works well. If you are contineously casting probably better to turn the alert off could get annoying. The rod is heavier than expected, might not be good for kids or begginers.

This was my first fishing rod. I've already gone on a few trips with it, and it feels great. The spincast is easy to get used to. The length is perfect for what I was looking for. The yellow/green other half not shown in picture is appealing. Comes prespooled with that nice looking red line as well. Downsides are the reel has jammed twice already, and to fix it you have to undo the cover and work on it from the inside. I find the BITE ALERT to be annoying, so I've shut that off as well (take the batteries out while you're at it because if you tap the switch accidentally the sound will still go off.) Still, great rod for a beginner like myself.

Just bought a Zebco rod WithBITE HAWG ALERT SEEKER/702MH SC Fishing Rod and Reel Combo was disappointed by the cane, the salesman told me that the cane was in prefect condition and actually was in very poor condition, apart was not the exact model was very similar, the thread was tangled almost impossible to release at the end I could not use the cane because l mechanism was bad. I recommend not buying from this seller'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fishing Equipment Fishing Equipment Fishing Equipment