Sunday 22 February 2009

Ipad 2 Cases - ipad 2 cases


1) In the interest of full disclosure, I was asked to write this review by the seller. I was going to anyway, but the small incentive they offered made me take it off the "do next week" list.



2) I was one of the first to get an iPad 2. Not only am I obsessed with electronic anything - I even bought a wi-fi enabled coffee maker - I own a small IT business. It's my job. My clients expect to see the newest everything - from handhelds to phones to laptops. I was also one of the first to get an iPad 1. After I got the original iPad, I tried out 6 different cases, ranging from $10 el cheapo cases on eBay to $80 cases from Amazon, before I found "the one." The one I loved was the iPad 1 version of this case. After the iPad 2 case came out, I was on pins and needles waiting for this one to be released. I did try two other cases - one silicon and one leather - and they were horrible, so bad they aren't worth mentioning in comparison.



3) Even though I am a conspicuous consumer and early adopter, I prefer a modest profile. This case fits that need perfectly. The case is slim, with soft but tough leather on the outside and soft lining. It is NOT thick and makes the iPad about a thick as two bound magazines or a very thin book. It feels perfect and adds no heft to it.



4) The pebbled outer layer prevents most finger smudges, and the rigid clip-closing makes sure the case keeps a svelte, even profile. No buckles or ripples or anything. It sits flat on a desktop, and feels perfectly balanced in your hand.



5) The "trap" corner design of the grip is great - you see the iPad in it's full beautiful industrial design glory. It is not hiding behind a frame of jagged leather, or held cockeyed.



6) It bends to nearly every conceivable position you need the iPad in. True, it does not give multiple viewing holds & angles from the upright/portrait position, but then in my use the iPad is only in that position when I am reading, and I am holding it when I am. for video viewing or typing, it is in landscape mode and I can use any of the 5 positions this case lets you set up in seconds to do it.



7) The iPad removes more easily from this case than any other. So if you have other docks, displays or anything, there is no fumbling around with it.



8) I got a GREAT price on this, but even at full list price this case is undervalued. This case is the best money I spent on a computer equipment other than the iPad itself.



9) I not only recommend this to my clients, but even to strangers in an elevator. Just get it. You will not regret it. Acase iPad 2 High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, WiFi and WiFi +3G (Black)

I've had this case for just a few days (I'm on my 3rd day of use actually) and I fully satisfied with it.



Before going for it I reviewed several other options and now I'm convinced that I made the right choice (I must admit that I hadn't purchased an Acase item before and I wasn't sure, but by the 2nd day I became an instant fan).



I was surprised of the fit, it was just perfect (I'm using an anti-glare cover but had no issue getting my iPad2 right in place). I guess that if you're constantly inserting and extracting the iPad2 from this case the "hold" may eventually degrade, but I purchased it with the intention of not taking it out frequently.



ALL controls and ports are easily accessible and there's no need to remove it.



One detail I wasn't really enthusiastic when I made the purchase was the color of the microfiber interior (green), I thought I would've preferred it to be dark gray, but I it was a nice surprise to see that I actually like the tone a lot.



There's other review that mentions that the best typing position isn't shown in the pictures (I'll try to post a couple of pictures to show it), but all you need to do it to bring the iPad all the way to the front -not using the grooves, but the "clip" that secures the case when closed.



I totally agree with that reviewer that this provides a comfortable angle for typing and (I really like this!) keeps the microfiber interior away from the surface you're placing it on (desk, table, etc.) so it stays clean and that eventually will help protect the screen. Right now there's a picture showing a typing position with a similar angle but it exposes the microfiber interior to whatever is on the surface your placing it (dust or other stuff) -the Apple cover for the iPad1 had the same flaw- I prefer the other option and keep the microfiber interior clean.



The leather isn't shiny and I like it's matte finish.



One little detail is that when I first unpacked the case, it had a not-so-nice odor, but after 3 days it has diminished a lot and I guess in a couple of days more it will have disappeared.



I'll update the review if the odor persists and after I post the pictures. - Ipad 2 Cases'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ipad 2 cases