Friday 27 February 2009

Cordless Phone Headset - plantronics, hands free


I purchased this product so I could chat with my family while driving to and from work. It conveniently fits in one ear without the headset looking microphone so you don't feel like you are working at Old Navy or in a call center. You should be sure to plug it in before driving so there's no extra fiddling around, the only inconvenience associated with non-wireless capabilities. Quite often the person I am speaking with complains of not being able to hear me very well, but after a microphone adjustment it seems to be aleviated. Plantronics Mobile Headset for Most Phones with Standard 2.5mm Headset Jack - Audiovox, Blackberry, Kyocera, LG, Samsung, Sanyo, Treo

This headset is great. My friends can hear me better when I talk with the headset plugged in than without it. And I hear better too. I used a Motorola headset before but the Plantronics is far better than the Motorola.

I'm on my second headset (I literally wore the first one out) and love it. The earclip is comfy and the earpiece never falls out of your ear and the sound is good. The extra clip on the wire keeps it from getting caught on things. I drive, garden and do housework wearing this. Love it.

Microphone - for a bud - is pretty good, with windscreen that's effective at 10mph or so. The rubber that clamps the earlobe is rather rigid, annoying after a while. A seam in the clamp really hurts after a while, but it's easy to cut with a razor blade. Output sound is relatively loud (efficient speaker) but sound quality is rather muffled. It's OK for speech, and an elderly person might not mind the sound, but this is certainly not for hi-fi music. No treble. Cheap, and I certainly would buy it again.



This is excellent for cellphone use while driving, because you can hangup or pickup your phone with a push of the button at the ear, no need to look for the on-hook/off-hook button on your phone. And it's loud enough you could hear over your car noise. Microphone is good at stopping wind noise, but not for stopping car noise. But beware - another model (same price, looks identical in photographs) does not have this pushbutton feature, and it won't work on all phones. I use it with a Palm Centro.

This headset is affordable and has decent sound quality. However, I've owned 3 and have found that they quit working after 3 months or so. Would only recommend them if you are okay with their disposable nature.

This headset lasted a little under 6 months. In the end, the microphone stopped working. Since this type is the only one that works on my ear, I ordered again and will see if this lasts a little longer. I am not hard on this equipment either. Thanks.

mic hang on ears ok, i wish that by pushing the outside button enable you to answer incoming call without fliping the cell phone - no, you still have to flip the phone, close the phoce and begin talking.

i suggest that you shop for such a feature in the phone store, try it out before buying.

Not snappy like Bluetooth earpiece mics, but then again, it doesn't drain my phone battery either. It fits comfortably and stays in place, especially with the clip around the earlobe. A nice surprise is that it has a button that turns on voice-activated dialing. - Hands Free - Handsfree - Plantronics - Earbuds For Cellphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • hands free
  • ,
  • handsfree
  • ,
  • plantronics
  • ,
  • earbuds for cellphone