Sunday 29 November 2009

Adhesives - scotch, packaging tape


This is a strong heavy duty packing tape. It won't curl up like the cheap ones. It also does not fly away and stick to something else if you are not quick enough when cutting it.



We go through lots of packing taPe in our home, and this is by far, among the best.



Updated August 31, 2009



Wow, was I surprised when I went to buy this again and saw that Amazon is now charging over $25 for 3 rolls of tape. In June, I paid $12.44. I won't be buying it at the increased price. I'll put it in my cart as a saved item, and wait to see if price goes down. Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 6-Rolls (3850-6)

Do not buy this tape - it barely sticks.

It's faster to use two layers of weaker but stickier tape, than it is to use this tape, because half the time you will have to use both hands to anchor the starting point, even though I was using my tried-and-true quality packing tape dispenser. The whole point of a tape dispenser and packing tape is to use one hand to hold the box, and the other hand to apply the tape. This tape's poor adhesion defeats the purpose.



CON - It has poor adhesive qualities on every packing/packaging cardboard surface I tried it on.

PRO - It's strong.

Not only is this tape great for sealing boxes up with, but recently I had a car window that wouldn't go up all the way. I had to wait a week for a $400 special-order part (ouch!), and it was a snowy/rainy week. I didn't much like the idea of driving around with a garbage back on my car, so I just ran several lines of this tape to seal up the window. It worked well! Didn't have any stuff flapping in the wind, and it was completely water-proof! Furthermore, it didn't leave a whole lot of messy residue on the car or window...



Great tape!

Bought a 6-pack of this tape couple months ago on Amazon. What can I tell you - on grand scheme of things it was a waste. It simply doesn't stick to anything. Not to carton, not even to plastic. What kind of packaging tape is that? I can't even seal a plastic bag with it, never mind a cardboard box.

I bought this Heavy Duty Scotch packing tape because I didn't want to go with a cheap off-brand and get tape the came off the package during shipping. Instead, I paid a premium price for 6 rolls of tape that don't stick to anything. Worthless. I hope this was just a production fluke and not indicative of a new trend at Scotch. - Tape - Scotch - Office Supplies - Packaging Tape'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information