Sunday 29 November 2009

Large Book Holder - book holder, large book holder


I have degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine and I can hold my head in only one direction for longer than 5 minutes--straight ahead. I am a student and have a lot of reading to do. This bookstand has saved me a lot of pain and discomfort, allowing me to maintain good posture while I study. I highly recommend this product to anyone with neck pain. Jasmine Book Stand (Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music)

I needed a book stand that could handle large heavy books for research I was doing. I ordered this stand and have been very pleased. It easily holds books that are much larger than its size and is very sturdy. I liked using it so much at home that I bought a second one for my office.

This book stand is so amazing! As a graduate student, it has made all the difference in the world with my reading and research. It makes it much easier to take notes; it can accommodate quite thick books; it is very sturdy; and, it is a great size. My reading and note taking are happening with greater ease and speed. This is a wonderful product!

The product works flawlessly, as users have overwhelmingly indicated. However, the price point seems inconsistent with the quality of the materials. The stand is comprised of two wooden boards. The back board (on which the spine rests) is a mere quarter inch thick, perhaps less. The adjustable stand is made of plastic. The only metal parts are the screws that hold the stand together and hinges that allow the stand to fold up.



Five stars for functionality, but an unreasonable price turns what would be a great deal into a questionable buy. I am a law student and don't have the money to justify spending so much on something that isn't built to last, and a drop on the floor could easily be the end of this bookstand.

So one of the first things that caught me by surprise was how fast the shipping was. Maybe I got lucky or something, but a couple of hours after I ordered this item it was shipped and two days later it was at my house.



I can't believe I didn't think of using something like this earlier. Although this stand can hold just about any book, it is particularly useful with large textbooks as it not only allows you to read them much more comfortably, but allows you to take notes with much more ease as well. I wish I had thought of buying one of these earlier.



As far as portability goes... it's portable, but it's not. It's portable for me because I can just stick it in my backpack and study with it at the library, but it's kind of big, so I can only really do that if my backpack isn't filled with a lot of books already. I'm a fairly healthy student in college though (no spinal problems or anything), so the portability issue wasn't really a problem for me. If you plan on using it at home or carry around some sort of backpack you should be fine.

I am a law school student and this stand is a life saver. You get into terrible postures when reading for a long time and this really helps. Also taking notes onto a laptop is so much easier with this book stand. I use large books all over 1000 pages and a lot of reference books and this stand handles them beautifully. I have actually purchased two stands from this company. The other one i just got so i cannnot review it yet, but this one is great.



I am able to highlight or write in the book with ease because this stand is so sturdy. I would not recommend for the casual reader as it is bulky and best accommodates larger books. but that having been said i am very happy with this purchase.

I'm back in school after a number of years and needed to maximize my study efficiency and determined that a bookstand would be just the thing. I couldn't find anything locally except a flimsy plastic stand that started breaking the first week. This thing looks great, works great, and is lighter than I expected. It's also wider than my old stand and holds the overly large textbooks effortlessly. It also has page holders that I do not intend to use, but they flip out of the way and I'm not forced to use them if I don't want to. I love this thing!

I wish I had purchased this years ago! I am a graduate student and I needed something that would help ease my neck strain from so much reading. This stand does a great job of keeping the book in an easy to read position and the way it holds the books open is perfect. I wish it could go even more upright, but it's still a great stand and is adjustable. I highly recommend this for reading or keeping a book handy for reference.

I have gone through a lot of book stands. I was using them since the late 90's when Amazon weren't selling them yet. My very first was the Fellowes plastic book stand. It was designed to be portable which was available from Office Depot. Fellowes was flimsy and could not take heavy books but it was good at being portable. I searched the internet and bought the Atlas heavy duty book stand. This one was a pure desktop book stand, it can be disassembled and taken with you. Atlas book stand was not wide enough. When I place a heavy paperback manual such as the Gliem and Becker CPA books, the outer pages would sag. I placed a wide cardboard at the back of the book to support it. The lip of the Atlas book holder was very deep compared to the Jasmine book stand.



Then Amazon started selling book stands and I found the present book stand. The misgivings I have with this product is that the lip is not deep enough to hold the thickest of books. The back is wide enough to accommodate wide books. There is also the matter of balance. The design is such that the book hangs on the book holder for support. It has not affected me much but if the calibration is not exact, the book would be out of balance. The theme I found with the design of book stands is that it be portable. Jasmine book stand is designed to be portable but it is no very so. Jasmine is a desktop book stand. The nearest competitor to this product is the INP-103 Book Stand (Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music). It is similar but has different clips to hold pages, I don't have experience with the competitor but the clips seems to be better in holding pages since it is out of the way of text. I already have a book stand and I am content to use this one but the INP-103 Book Stand could be better for your needs.



For portability I would go with the Fellowes Booklift Copyholder,Platinum (21100) book stand. It is not wide enough to hold the outer pages but if you have a hardback, the hardback will support the outer pages plus its cheap. But I will find alternatives. - Book Holder - Study Aid - Large Book Holder - Bookstand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information