Friday 27 November 2009

Spine - inversion table, good value


I have been suffering with a bad back for years and recently ruptured a disc and had a bout with sciatica!!! I have never been in so much pain and the options given by Drs. were to have my nerves "deadened" to relieve the sciatica and a "discectomy" for the disc problem. Not wanting to try either option, I chose to invest in an inversion table just to see if I could treat my problems myself. The first few attempts at the table caused alot of pain in my ankles which I remedied by wearing "snow boots"!! Since then my ankles have toughed up and I no longer need the boots. What a wonderful invention, I have gotten alot of relief in just a short period of time and hope to be pain free soon. Pro Deluxe Folding Fitness Inversion Table

All I can say is that after a few minor problems, the product is able to do it's job and works. The negatives are that it is made in China and looks the part. The metal and nuts and bolts were adequate, but the plastic molded parts are downright cheap. The adjustable hinge mechanisms work but are clumsy and flop out to the sides when taking table off the base. The bottom safety strap slips unless you tie it off -I went to the hardware store and purchased a chain to replace it, as well as something to secure the hinge thingies.



I am 200#, so I have to be fair and say it adequately holds me and hasn't broken yet. But if you are new to inversion tables, it would be better to purchase a more expensive one. Also, if you have multiple users and change the table height a lot. invest in a higher quality unit or something will likely break.

I have had recurrent back pain (sometimes spasms) that occur about 3-4 times a year. It starts at my right shoulder blade and can feel it pulsing down my back until I can no longer move my neck. These episodes started happening after the birth of my first child.



The only thing I can do is go home and lay down. Ibuprofen doesn't help, and Vicodin just puts me to sleep.



The only thing that helps is professional massage/physical therapy and, now, the inversion table.



I was skeptical about using one of these so I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars. This model (the Pro-Deluxe) is reasonably priced at about $120 (all the others I saw were over $250).



It's an odd feeling at first, but I felt the pain relief almost immediately. And you don't have to be on it very long in order to feel the benefits. I usually use it about 8-10 minutes every day and I feel that's enough.



If you have back pain, I recommend that you give inversion therapy try. It beats taking any type of drug, and it doesn't take much time to get relief.

A friend, who owns two inversion tables advised me to look for the type of ankle locks that cupped around the back of the ankle. This table has that feature (though the Amazon photo almost hides it) and that plus the amazing low price made me gamble on it. It comes with all the tools you'll need for assembly, but it will go faster if you have a ratchet, pliars, and a regular phillips-head screwdriver (the handle on theirs is a bit small). The assembly instructions made sense with only one minor flaw - no mention of one of the bolts, but it's obvious where it goes. The table works so well and is so easily adjusted for different users (about 15 seconds - no tools) that I can't imagine why anyone would pay more. Expect some serious shipping costs, of course, because these tables are heavy and strong, which is reassuring when you are upside down on one. I can't imagine better ankle locks than these, but it's still more comfortable with shoes than without. Good luck hanging around.

inversion table works great. I have tried the more expensive inversion tables from several different manufacturers when deciding on which one to buy. this one works as well as any of the Teeter's brand but only half of the cost. I did need to fix the foot latch when putting the table together. The spring loaded indexing pin was too long and had to be taken down 1/8" to allow the foot adjustment to slide when the pin is pulled back.

I hurt my back at work and wanted to try inversion type of traction to my back, the inversion table does great at what it's suppose to do, putting it together is not bad the directions could be better, but putting it together is the only low point.

this inversion table is not as deluxe as other featured models but was easy to assemble and is easy to adjust and operate. has resulted in a noticeable lessening of my back pain. I feel it was a good value for the price. I would recommend it without hesitation.

While it doesnt permantley 'fix'the problem, this product brings wecolmed relief to lower back pain.



Its important to note that we had some UPS problems in the shipment and the seller was so very responsive and helpful. - Good Value - Spine - Inversion Table'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information