Sunday 29 November 2009

Optical Audio Cable - fiber optic cables, optical audio


I'm usually a big fan of Belkin, but this optical cable has such a poor fit in my receiver it's disappointing. I had to use a cable tie alongside another wire and now it is resting where it is supposed to go, but not solidly held in place. There's no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on Monster's high end cables, (digital is digital is digital), but their bargain variety is a better option than this. Belkin Av20000B03 PureAV Digital Optical Audio Cable - 3 Ft.

This cable is perfect for transfering digital sound to your Home Theater system from any additional player. It seems very good with the gray color and comes with protection for the tips in case you diconnect it.



Be careful with the length, it could trick you if your two equipments are some far (notice that it is only three feet long). But for those that don't want to have a lot of cables hanging from the back of the stand, this is the one.



I'm using it for transfering the digital sound of my playstation 3 to the audio receiver. I'm very satisfied.

Yes - I should have read the reviews before buying these. The fit is extremely loose, to the point that you will need to do something to ensure the cables remain plugged. I have used duct tape whenever I could, but perhaps adding some crazy glue to the outer portion of the plug, then waiting for it to dry, then plugging it - could also work because it seems that these cables were just cut a millimeter short - and thats why they are so cheap.

For the price of the cable and the fast service by antonline, I have no problems at all!!! So good,I bought 2 at the same time along with a digital optic switch to go between my DirecTv box, Sony DVD player and a Sony home theater unit... I'm VERY HAPPY!!!!

Hooked up the optical cable from my A/V to my DVD and the sound is awesome.

Optical digital cables do not use copper to transmit data, but pulses of light. Since there is no interference, the signal does not degrade over long distances and it does not weaken. With optical digital cables, you can get one of the best reproductions of digital signals available.

First when I ordered this cable I thought that it was going to be very very poor quality and it would look very cheap... But when it arrived I note that I was wrong it is a good heavy cable...It works great with my PS3!!!!

Great! Used to distribute the audio from my cable TV to my Sony receiver, and works great. As you connect it on one of the ends, the other will emit a red light, so you can REALLY see where you are connecting it. Highly recommended.

Having read a few reviews that complained that this optical cable didn't fit snuggly, I was a little worried that I'd experience the same problem. But I connected my new Harden Kardin receiver to my new Pioneer 301 disk changer, and the fit is perfect and snug. Also, I don't think I'm imagining it, the sound is better with the optical connection.

Absolutely a nice cable. Packaged with a well protected optic end cover and not folded over in the package. Installation is indicated with an audible click requiring minimal effort. Great price for a good cable.

This cable is great, Im using three of them for my home theater in my AX720 and my optical switch. These work great however the terminator on each cable is slightly longer than usual so the fit depending on your receiver might be an issue and it wont be as secure as you'd expect also careful removing the caps, I managed to pull the fiber off one of the terminators when I pulled it off initially. - Optical Audio - Fiber Optic Cables - Digital Audio - Toslink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information