Friday 27 November 2009

Flip Video Charger - flip ultra hd, charger


The Power adapter puts to much charging power into the battery pack and over heats the pack and causes a shut down of the camera. The best bet is to buy a second battery pack and charge it through the USB port. Flip Video Power Adapter

Adapter caused the camera to "over heat" or stop charging.

However, my main concern is, why bother to get this gadget at all?

Charge with a usb connection when you can and, when no usb port is available, just use regular AA batteries!

Adapters, over-heating, errors, possible damage, another country......it ain't worth it.

I purchased this thinking it would be a good option for charging quickly without having to be near a computer. The reality is that the computer charging "feels" much slower than charging with your computer, but performs to the specs it lists in the manual (3-4 hours for a full charge with the adapter; 7 hours for the computer method).



One thing that I noticed is that the adapter doesn't sit well in vertical outlets. It's very light plastic and doesn't quite support a Mino HD well. I tried laying it horizontally on a power strip, which worked better. The downside was that the screen of the Mino HD got a little scratched up when it got jostled after removing it from the power strip.



For the people who want to purchase an accessory for their Mino HD, I recommend just getting an extra battery pack and charging it through your computer. It'll be more convenient and costs about the same. Losing power when you're in the middle of filming a clip is no fun. I'd say paying $10 for this adapter would be more reasonable for the quality that you're getting. Hope this review helps!

I realized soon after getting my flip HD that I can find so much to shoot that I burn up a battery pack and need to recharge it and that sometimes it's most convenient to recharge it via a wall outlet rather than a computer. Here are some examples,,,



We went on a week long cruise and I had no computer access but I could recharge with this because there were electrical outlets everywhere.



I was shooting a wedding reception for a friend and forgot to recharge before leaving but by the time the wedding was over I grabbed my fully charged unit where I plugged it into the church wall behind a table and I was ready to shoot the full reception without losing any power.





We went to Myrtle Beach and stayed in a friend's condo. No computer there to recharge but I just popped in my camcorder at night before going to sleep and it was always ready to shoot in the morning.



I have even found outlets at the airport (near soda fountains and vending machines) in a pinch.



Don't get me wrong, it's not that my camera runs out of juice easily, it is, instead, that the cameras owner forgets to recharge it as often as I should.



Negatives: Wish this was made so I could just stick my spare battery pack into it rather than having to plug the actual camcorder into it but I suppose most don't have spare battery packs so that is no big deal. However it would be nice if it somehow left open the option to do both so that I could keep shooting while it charges



it is really lightweight and has,so far, worked perfectly for me.

I only received this item because it was free with the purchase of the Flip video camera. As soon as I took it out of the box, I was grateful that I didn't pay anything for it. It gets the job done, but it's pretty awkward to plug in and have the camera propped up precariously against the charger so that the whole unit will stay in the wall (and subsequently charge). I've heard that it's better for these types of devices to be plugged into an outlet, rather than charging them through the computer's USB port, so I suppose it's useful for that... but it's just an adapter with a USB port, which means that the wall charger for my iPod and iPhone will get the job done just as well.



I would not pay $25 for this item. In fact, if given the chance, I would probably choose a different free accessory. If you're anything like me, you don't need this, and you'll only be irritated that you got it.

The description provided by Amazon says "Compatible with the following models out of the box: M31120B, M3160S, U32120 models, M2120M, U2120 models" My model is U32120. However, that model is not listed on the box and this device does not support third generation Flip.

I tried this for a trip I was going. I plugged my camera in and within 10 minutes the camera overheated and shut off. I tried taking off the cover which was suggested by another review. Again, I had the same problem. I rarly write reviews, but this was so bad I fealt I had to.

this product would be better if you could just insert the battery in a holder and plug it into the wall. with this setup you have to plug the camera into the wall. which can cause problems trying to charge up outside of the house. who wants to leave your new flip dangling from a wall socket. poor design from a great camera. - Adapter - Flip Ultra Hd - Flip Charger - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information