Tuesday 24 November 2009

Kindle 3 Cover - kindle covers, kindle sleeve


Sure we would all love a leather case for our Kindle, but they can be a little expensive. Upon receiving this case I put it on my Kindle and found that it fit the Kindle very well. The case is very comfortable in my hand and the zipper is a plus too because it adds extra protection. The price for this product is wonderful and you get a great case for a great price. Belkin Grip Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Black/White

I got the Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation for my birthday and I absolutely love it. I like the feel of the Kindle without an attached cover but I wanted something to protect it when I carry it with me. This sleeve fits the bill perfectly. It protects without adding bulk and will fit in pretty much any bag I have to take with me.

The only problem I have with this product is that if the Kindle is inserted with the slide switch at the outside corner it will inadvertently turn the Kindle on as the slide switch can be pushed to its on position as the Kindle is inserted into the cover. If turned so that the slide switch is at the inside corner everything is fine as the slide switch is pushed in its natural off direction.

At first I was going to buy this case until I could get the leather case with the light. When I got it, it looked WAY too small to fit my kindle 3 wifi. It fit like a glove. I'm not normally one to gush over products but this one is awesome. it fits the Kindle so perfectly that it doesn't take up extra room in my purse and it has enough padding to protect it from minor drops but not so much that it takes up too much room. Honestly I think if you are looking for a case to protect it from damage in case it drops, chances are you'll drop it without the case too.

I had the neoprene case for my second generation kindle and LOVED it so I naturally ordered the same brand/similar case for my new kindle. Bad idea. It is much thicker, the zippers don't go all the way around, and it just is odd looking and ugly. I loved the sleek look of the other one, that I could pull my kindle out of the top, and that I could put it in and still charge it - you can't do any of that with this case - the zippers only go part way around top/bottom. You have to pull it out of the long end. I am returning it. Hope I find something.

After looking at all the Kindle 3 cases for my new Kindle Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation, I decided on this one.

The purple color is exactly as shown, the Kindle fits easily inside and the zipper is easy to zip, it is not sticky and not noisy at all.

I like the middle grip part too, makes it easy to carry, especially if your hands are full and you need to tuck it under your arm for a moment.

You can charge the Kindle with it unzipped too.



If you are looking for a reasonably priced case that is not bulky and does the job of protecting your Kindle, than this is the case for you.

There are many other colors to choose from too, if purple is not your thing.

When I had the second generation Kindle, I had the equivalent Belkin case for that product, and I was quite happy with it, so I was looking forward to the new case for my new Kindle. While I believe this is one of the best cases available for the Kindle, I do think that the quality of the case for the second generation outdid this one. The zipper on this case has a tendency to feel "sticky". It doesn't get stuck, but I feel like it doesn't zip as cleanly as the other case.



If you're looking for a good value case with a zipper rather than a sleeve or something like this, this is definitely your best bet.

Since there are so many positive reviews already, I wasn't going to leave one. However, there are several negative reviews about the snug fit and the zipper quality.



Concerning the snug fit, yes, the Kindle is a bit tight when you first purchase the sleeve. But after a few days use, it loosens up just enough so you can close it without any hassle. I think this is what you want since you don't want your kindle moving around in your bag. The idea, I think, is that the sleeve does the shifting while the kindle stays in place. So in the end, the snug fit is what makes the product what it is--a safe haven for your kindle!



Now it is true that the zipper is quite light, but this doesn't necessarily mean it's cheaply made. There are no apparent problems with the quality so unless it snaps off (highly unlikely) these complaints seem unfounded. Besides, do you really want a bulky fully metal zipper?



This is a great product for those who don't want to read their Kindle inside of a cover. The product does exactly what the manufacturers claim--it protects your Kindle.

When I decided to buy the Kindle, I planned to get a case at the same time so that it would be protected from any, er... accidents. I looked over the types of cases that were available which were only a few since the third Kindle just came out. I immediately knew that I wanted a case that would not attach to the Kindle because that always seems to be a little iffy to me, but also one that could completely incase the Kindle to protect it; so the book style cases and the sock style cases were out. I was a little afraid that I would harm the Kindle with the envelope style covers because of the Velcro style closer can be hard to open without a firm grip. The Belkin case was the perfect one for me because not only would it completely cover my Kindle, but it was water resistant and only $25 so it was not too expensive. I am able to slip the Kindle in and out of the case when I am reading or finished for the day very easily. When I bought my mom a Kindle for her birthday, I got her the same case as me, just in pink.



Protection: I give this a 4/5 because it does protect my Kindle well but it is a soft case so any hard hit will damage the Kindle if you are not careful. I usually wear cargo shorts so I just slip it into my side cargo pocket. I have slightly bumped into things but my Kindle is always fine. I have put it into my backpack a couple of times, and everything was fine. I have yet to drop my Kindle while in the case (or at all unlike my mother who has accidentally thrown her uncased Kindle across the parking lot) so I cannot comment on how well the case will protect the Kindle in that instance. If I ever do, I'll edit my post to include that.



Water Resistance: I give this a 5/5, not because of anything I did to my case, but what happened to my mother's case. My dad was reaching for a remote on my mom's side table, knocked over her glass of coke which split right onto her case and her Kindle was in the case. In panic, I lunged forward and got the Kindle out as soon as possible, only to find that it was perfectly fine. My mom got it and toweled off the excess coke before looking inside. The case wasn't even slightly wet on the inside. When I had to wash the outside my case (see why in the Out of the Box and Experience section), I put a paper towel inside and ran it under the sink faucet. I went around where all the seams were and all around the zipper part while rubbing the water into the case. I dried it and then took out the paper towel which was completely dry. So, I think that the case is pretty water resistance. I think if you were to get to the case quickly, then it will protect the Kindle from getting wet.



Case Style: I give this a 4½/5 because I do like the case. It is sturdy and does what it advertizes. The zipper is strong and opens/closes well. There is a nice grip action, however, I wish there was a strap on the back of the case so that when you carry it, your hand can go through the strap for a more secure grip without squeezing too hard. On the inside, there is some extra protection by the way of a raised so that when you zip the case closed, it cannot scratch up the Kindle. Overall, the case is well designed and does exactly what you need it to do.



Feel: I give this a 5/5. The case feels well made and it does not feel as if it was cheap. The main fabric on the outside feels nice and has some grip to it. The rubber grip in the middle has a nice feel to while it provides two things, one-a better place to grip and two-it offers a little more protection for the Kindle screen for where you grip the case. The inside is very soft so you know the Kindle and the screen will not be scratched by the inside.



Out of the Box and Experience: Before buying the case, I read the few reviews that there had been. A couple of them said that the case smelled coming out of the box; which, in my case, was true. The case did smell of chemicals or something. I let it air out for several hours and the smell went away. However, here is another warning. A few days after getting the case, I had been reading for pleasure before I had to read a DTB (Dead Tree Book) for school. I put away the Kindle in the case and pulled the large book to me. I licked my fingers so I could turn the pages in the book and instantly a horrible taste filled my mouth. So, the moment you get the case, I would recommend that you wash it to avoid what happened to me. Washing it will remove that unpleasantness.



Overall, the use of the case has been great. I've had it for about five months now and I have used it pretty regularly. I have not seen any wear or tear from constant unzipping and zipping up or handling of the case, and it goes in and out of my backpack or cargo shorts' pocket frequently. It is a very sturdy case that is fairly cheap. - Kindle 3 Covers - Kindle Covers - Kindle Sleeve - Belkin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information