Sunday 29 November 2009

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - cord reels, electric snow blower


I had trouble finding a cord storage wheel which would accommodate 100 feet of 12 gauge extension cord. After contacting the manufacturer, they indicated that 100 feet of 12 gauge will just fit; which it does. It is definitely a timesaver as I previously spent many minutes untangling the extension cord. Designers Edge E-103 Cord Storage Wheel

I don't own this product (yet), although I do own the cheaper Home Depot one. But keep in mind that with all these products, you shouldn't run a high-draw device unless you unreel the cord all the way anyhow...a wrapped cord can get too hot.

Does the job, but it looks and acts the same as my orange 7 dollar one from Home Depot. The handle clips in but I don't bother. The one thing I do not like is that the bearings are TOO good. With the cheap plastic one, the cord would stay put. This one, it will unwind if there is any uneven weight, like the end of the cord. So I have wedge it somehow. Buy or keep the 7 dollar one.

I bought this along with my 100 ft outdoor cable from coleman, it's very light and you have to hold it with your feet to stop it from falling down and creating a big mess. The good part is that you can carry it around with just one hand. It would have been nice if they had a more intelligent cable holding system on the inside, so that you could have extended it from both ends.

I am sure this is a nice product, but not for the purpose I bought it for.

I bought a snow blower with a 100 foot outdoor cord,

You can't use this, just pulling on it would knock it on its side.

For light weight things, inside electrical perhaps ok.

There must be some trick to getting the cord wrapped on this thing that I don't know. I simply could not figure out how to be able to extend the cord to the wall socket and to the attached device. If I left a long bit so I could reach the socket, I couldn't turn the wheel to roll up the rest of the cord(and while trying, cut myself on the cheap plastic). Instead, I had to secure the female end, which means I'll have to move the unit to my appliance and whenever I want to move the shop vac, or whatever, I'll have to move the cord reel too. I thought all these things were supposed to make the job easier, but I was wrong. The stand on my other cord wheel is open on one side, which allows one end of the cord to stick out through a hole in the reel and allows easy wrapping, plus it's far better quality and has no sharp edges. I'll probably end up throwing this thing away. I could only get 50' of yellow cord around it anyway. Wrestling with the cord would be easier for me than trying to use this thing. I recommend spending a bit more and getting a unit that isn't so flimsy and limited in design.

I bought this in a package deal with a Toro snow thrower and a heavy duty cord. This reel is not heavy duty enough for the cord it was sold with. It'll do the job but I'd prefer something that feels more robust. - Cord Reels - Electric Snow Blower - Yard - Electric Snow Thrower'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information