Thursday 26 November 2009

Slim External Dvd Enclosure - dvd-rom drives, slim external dvd rw


This is great for the money. I would actually give it 4 1/2 stars. The 1/2 star deducted, because the tray door popped off when I took it out of the package. However, I was able to pop it back into place. It seems like it sticks a little bit when I push the tray back in, but other than that it reads CD's perfectly and it's only a very minor imperfection.



I was very close to returning this CD-ROM, because my netbook wouldn't recognize it in any of the USB ports. If this happens to you, just have the CD-ROM plugged into your netbook before you turn the netbook on. After I did that it recognized the drive and played all CD's with no problem.



If you're buying this to install and OS or any kind of MS software onto your netbook, be advised that most of their software is on a DVD-ROM disc. NEW Slim USB 2.0 External Slim USB 2.0 CD-ROM Drive for all Laptop notebook

I bought this little gadget because my Dell netbook lacked a CD drive. I wanted a cheap plug in peripheral to listen to music from my laptop. Indeed I found it with this USB External Drive. It's light, sleek, cheap, and best of all, effective!

I needed a CD-Rom for my Tiny ASUZ net book which I use when on a job away from home. The only use I have for it is to install or repair programs that are on A CD. I recieved it it in record time and was amazed at the size, smaller than some Jewel cases. I opened the box and plugged it in to my net book with the cables provided. It worked flawlessly. It is delicate and must be handled carefully and it is not too fast, but I could care less. I may never use it, as I normally store data on thumb drives. But as a back up system it is the best piece of hardware I ever purchased. The price was unbelievable. I have since recommended it to my friends who have net books with out a CD drive. I cannot say enough good about it. I love it.



Frank Kubiak

Gulfport, MS

Yes, it's cheap but you can tell that it is cheap. I've had it for about 6 months and now I'm ready to toss it and get something better. The door doesn't stay shut all the time or you can't get it to open or it will stop reading the CD (NO DVD'S!!!) in the middle. Overall it's just more work than it should be. I'm buying something that will play DVDs and CDs and work better - I hope.

Connected to my Gateway Netbook and worked perfectly.

Used to rip over 200 music CDs for a new MP3.

Only caution is to keep two fingers under tray when snapping disc in to avoid over-stressing the tray which is a bit flimsy. Removal is not as difficult. Tried a DVD to see if it would read, but as expected it didn't. Fantastic product for $6. Speed may be slower than other units, but for one-time use it's good enough.

It works. It does what it is supposed to do. It is easy to transport with a laptop. It looks flimsy, but with the door closed, there is little chance of damage to it. It should last for years. Reminder, it is NOT a DVD. For the price ($16), it serves its purpose.

I was actually looking for a DVD-ROM drive for a netbook, and didn't pay close enough attention. Seems to work fine for what it is, though. A little noisy, slow to spin up under USB-only power. But at well under twenty bucks, it's not like I have anything to complain about.



Box came with the drive, a USB cable, and a USB-to-power cable (and two foam inserts to protect the drive). No instructions, no branding... generic as can be. Plug & Play on a Mac, as expected. - Slim External Dvd Rw - Cd-rom Drives - External Cd - Dvd-rom Drives'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information