Wednesday 25 November 2009

Binocular Neck Strap - nikon, well worth the money


I wanted a camera strap that didn't say "THIS GUY IS CARRYING AN EXPENSIVE CANON CAMERA" like the original, and this does the job well, for a very reasonable price.



The first impression was "oh, I got myself a sponge" but the thick neoprene like material is sturdier than it seems; comfortable too. OP/TECH USA 2701252 E-Z Comfort Strap-for Cameras and Binoculars - Neoprene (Black)

I have a new pricey Canon digital camera and can't believe the terribly uncomfortable large strap that came with it... itchy and bulky. So I searched for a good, comfy strap... and took a chance on this one. So glad I did-- it's made all the difference! The strap does exactly what it should- holds the camera securely and with a gel type cushioning that makes carrying my camera NO BIG DEAL! Thank you! And great price!

I bought this for my video camera just before my vacation. It is comfortable and sturdy. It does not give irritation on the back of ones neck like other straps I own. Shipped quickly at the normal shipping rate. I'm thinking about getting one for my digital camera.

I have chronic issues with my neck and wanted a strap to ease the weight of a Nikon D80. This one did the trick. The padding provides comfort and takes the strain from my neck. I think I'll be getting another for my binoculars, as I've been using it for them when I'm not using the camera.

I got this strap for a new Panasonic G2 4/3 camera, and it's exactly what I needed. The strap that comes with the camera is thin, stiff, and scratchy, but the OP/TECH is soft and has give in it. This is a narrow strap, but it's just what I wanted for a small, lighter weight camera. I tried a Crumpler Industry Disgrace strap, but it was overkill for such a small camera. I am also a big fan of neoprene camera straps. I've been using a neoprene Pro Master strap on my Canon camera for years, but I couldn't find the same strap this time, so I tried OP/TECH.



When I first saw the strap, I thought that the neoprene part wouldn't provide enough coverage to use comfortably on my shoulder, but after I tried it, the strap worked just fine.



I don't know how heavy a camera or pair of binoculars would work on this strap, but if you want an inexpensive, simple, no frills, practical strap, you might want to try this one.

The strap I received does not match the picture at all. It has a great soft grippy pad, that I like, but it is way too short. Overall it is only 31in. (Compared to 51in on a standard Nikon strap) After you fasten it properly to your camera, it leaves you with maybe 25in. Which is barely enough to put your head through. If you are wearing a jacket, you can forget about wearing it over your shoulder, unless you want it to rub on your underarms. That sucks, because I like that pad a lot.I just stopped using that strap and went to a different brand until I can come up with some way to extend it.

As a previous OP/TECH user, I have been very impressed with their products, and I think I would have been this time as well. The only problem was that I was not sent the product in the description.



The item I received was 10 inches shorter than the OP/TECH strap, very cheaply made, and did not have the OP/TECH logo anywhere on it.



I've ordered the real E-Z Comfort strap from another seller, and I'm sure I will love it. You probably will too, but don't buy it from HDE! - Strap - Well Worth The Money - Nikon - Binocular Neck Strap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information