Friday 27 November 2009

Organization - wire management, organization


This cable management system is pretty good, especially if you only need to bind a series of similar length cables (for example a bundle of cables running from a TV to an AV receiver). It's easy to install using the provided tool. I thought it wouldn't work for binding up multiple power cables because their heads were too large to fit through the adapter tool, but then I realized that it splits open down the middle so you you can easily start at any location on the cables. One thing to keep in mind is that if you are running multiple cables that are going different distances, the best way to do this is to just run the cables the entire length and then when you are done pull out the cable(s) that need to go shorter distances. I found it relatively easy to bind up several runs of cables from my AV-receiver to my speakers and television. Now I don't have an octopus of wires under my AV rack which makes me happy and my wife happy too.



Recommended. Monster CITMBK-8 Medium Diameter Black Cable-It Wire Management System (8 feet)

My wife's office was a mess of wires - laptop, monitor, laser printer, plotter, networking, router, phone - sooooo many cables. I had to disconnect everything to get it organized, but once I laid out the cords, the cable-it system was easy to install. It has a neet little device to thread the cords in the cable-it wrapper.



I highly recommend, but plan 30-60 minutes to plan out your cable setup.

This zipper and hose style cable management system works pretty well. The zipper tool seems to fall apart sometimes and doesn't stay together well when zipping the cables up. All in all, works good if all of your cables are the same length. If you have several different lengths, setting it all up can be kind of a pain.

The product isn't to bad but it is certainly not of a very high quality. Also, if you order white, you won't be getting white. The color is an almond. Anyway, if I had to do it again, I wouldn't order this.

I looked in the description for how many cords this would hold and couldn't find it so I bought a Medium. It is 1.2 inches in diameter and the box says it will hold 5-8 cables, which is about right. We used it for four TV cords, a dvd player, antenna box, and clock (seven cords total). We were even able to double back a few of them to keep the total length shorter. It's not the loveliest looking thing, but it's better than a cord octopus. It was easy to use--the zipper handle is smart. Watch the video in the pictures for installation details.



This is not what you need if you are running cords up a wall, across a floor, or behind molding, however. It is designed for loose cables that are running from an electronic device to an outlet (behind a desk or entertainment center, for example). The directions also recommend using separate ones for AV cables and power cords, for what it's worth.

I was really happy with this product and buying it on Amazon is less than 1/2 what the local Best Buy was charging (not including tax!).



The little "tool" they include is cute, but not necessary, I gave up trying to figure it out and just used my hands. I had a complete 7.1 surround system with multiple speaker, HDMI and power cords to deal with. Took me all of about 7 minutes to do it by hand. My advice is to toss the tool and just go for it.



The only real negative is that the "white" version is actually navajo white, so be prepared. It looks easily paintable however if you need to do that.

I usually stay far away from overpriced Monster products. But this was the only cable management system I could find that seemed like it would do what I wanted. And I love it. I used it on ethernet and power cables that run to my computer which is on a rolling cart. This makes it very easy to roll the cart and manage the cables.

I had been looking for a cord organizer for a little while. I knew that I could find spiral wrap that I have used before but I found this as an alternate. The photos made it seem pretty easy to install so I gave it a try. Being a guy, I didn't read the instructions on installation but come on, how hard could it be. It was tricky enough that I had to check the instructions for what went where. Once I did that, it was a breeze. The wrap was easy to cut with a heavy duty scissors and it does a great job of keeping the cords organized. - Wire Management - Organization'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information