Thursday 26 November 2009

Iphone 3g Accessories


I ordered this cable because the image shows a real style Apple cable with rounded edges. I have an OtterBox case that requires a rounded edge cable in order to charge it. I received this cable and it is a generic square ended cable, which is completely useless to me. Though it might work it would require I remove the phone from the case every time I wanted to use it, which is not an option. White Sync & Charge USB Cable for Apple iPhone 3G / Apple iPhone 3GS

within days of a less than favorable review of this $.01 iPhone sync & charge cable, I received a call from the seller to inquire about the nature of my complaint. On my part, it was a minor inconvenience that the cable would sync but not charge. For a penny, I thought I got more than my moneys worth. He, however was dedicate to total customer satisfaction and I received a new cable, at no additional cost within 3 days.

That is Customer Service!

When my dog chewed through my iPhone adapter, I didn't want to spend $19 in the Apple store for a replacement. I considered replacing the dog, but instead I decided to find a cheap, compatible adapter. I found this one and I thought, "Well, if it doesn't work, I'm only out a couple bucks." I bought two of them, and the disadvantages were apparent right from the beginning.



First, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the business end of the cable is squared, not rounded. This wasn't a problem with my case, but it would be with others. Second, the construction and materials used leave a lot to be desired. There is no doubt when you look at this product that it is a cheap dollar store version, and that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in it. Finally, my phone would not sync with iTunes. Considering iPhone users need to sync their phones to get crucial updates, that is a big problem. However, the cord did charge my phone, so it wasn't a complete loss. Or so I thought.



Within a week, through normal use, I broke the iPhone connector end on my cord. The plastic case came apart, and a few of the components fell out into my hand. The rest I had to carefully remove from inside the port on my phone. After a little tinkering, I was able to put the cable's connector back together, but it didn't fasten tightly. I remedied this by wrapping two small hair elastics tightly around it. The second cord lasted a few weeks longer, only falling apart recently. I was unable to repair the second. But hey, when held together with duct tape, chewing gum, and rubber bands, I still had one cord that charged my phone! Until just now.



The rigged up, cheap, piece of you-know-what cord decided about an hour ago to stop charging my phone completely. I don't know why. The components in the rubber-banded end are still secure, the connection is good, and it's plugged into a reliable power source. It occurred to me that though I saved a few dollars, I paid for it in hassles. Don't waste your money on this inferior product. Inferior is not even a strong enough word for what this product is; I don't think there's a word in the dictionary that quite captures the essence of crap that is this cord.

After reading all the negative comments, I didn't know whether to order the product or not. At last, I decided to give it a shot (rather than paying the high cost for the apple cable). When I received the cable, I tried to charge/sync my iPhone on a PC, a Mac, and with the wall charger - it didn't work. I contacted the company. Their answer was prompt and really kind.



Meanwhile, my girlfriend got herself an iPod touch. We tried to cable with her iPod - it worked. So, I decided not to return the cable. Then I went to an Apple Store and figured out in fact the problem was with my iPhone, not the cable. They swapped my iPhone, and right now the cable is working.



The cable is different than the original (the phone connector part is thinner). It comes in a nice box. Fast shipping. The customer service is great if your cable is not working - just make sure that the problem is caused by the cable. (They told me they were going to pay all the shipping, refund me for my return shipping, and send a new cable).

Cable works as described. Tested with an iPhone 3GS and it charges and syncs when attached to the computer. Works with the Apple branded USB to AC adapter that came with my phone.



The cable has two buttons that can be squeezed while inserting or removing from the phone. I actually prefer this to the OEM Apple cable which feels like I might break the small "hooks" when inserting into the phone.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone 3g Accessories Iphone 3g Accessories Iphone 3g Accessories