Thursday 26 November 2009

Corded Rotary Tools - engraver, engravers


This engraver works incredibly well. Although it looks unweildy, its very easy to control and engrave clearly. In fact, my engravings turned out to look just like my handwriting. I've used it to engrave tools and other metal and steel products, and it has done it with ease. I've had one for several years now, and its still an excellent & reliable engraver. Dremel 290-01 1.15 Amp 7,200 Stroke Per Minute Engraver includes Letter and Number Template

I bought this engraver with birthday money from a discount store last fall, after researching it online. It will leave its mark on just about anything you would want. I like the variable speed settings which allows you to match the work to the material. I have used it to initial all my tools so there is no mistaking who it belongs to. It works on hardened steel as well as plastic. My wife uses it for craft projects in her pre-school teaching job.

I got this as a Christmas present, and just now used it for the first time to engrave my cellphone. I had been wondering how easy it would be to control, but am glad to report that the result was as small & legible as what can be achieved with pen and paper.

4 stars instead of 5 because I know there are better scribers out there - but hard to find for the home hobbyist. This one is a little noisy but quieter than most inexpensive models. Yes, it is easy to adjust, and easy to control. I am amused and pleased at the inclusion of a letter and number template. I wish the AC cord were a little longer, by a foot or two.

this product works well.. i use it to engrave my luggage.. so even if the tag gets ripped off the airline can still see my contact info. i also use it to write on power adapters so i know what product they go to. Dont you hate it when you have all those little black adapters and they dont have a name on them? well just write Timmys R/C car, or Daddys Nokia cell phone etc.. and problem is solved.

I engraved 79 ornaments for a fund raiser/memory tree for a genealogical society. The tool arrived 3 days after the order, I was delighted. The tool was so easy to use, it was like writing with a kids big pen. The flow was fantastic, and I got many compliments, like "did you really do this?" It just fit my hand and was so comfortable to use. The cord was cumbersome at the beginning, but I found if I wrapped it behind my arm, it was pliable enough and didn't get in the way. BTW, we made $650.00. I kept the engraver for my own use. I have done several Christmas presents with a personal message. Thanks AMAZON.COM....Kay

Works great on soft surfaces such as plastic or aluminum. However it does not do much to hard metals and glass as it claims it does. Works good for the money, just don't expect to be able to engrave your wrenches and it be deep enough that one swipe of sandpaper wouldn't take it off.

Basic drill to engrave items. Only thing is it's LOUD and vibrates. It goes the job and comes with a small plate to follow the letters and numbers to make it look professional. VERY easy to use!



Put the tip on, set to how deep you want to go and plug it in, turn on and away you go!



Great to protect items from theft so nobody can say it's not yours! Put the last four #s of your SSN, or last name, initials, or anything relating to you to engrave. - Engraver - Engravers - Engraving - 1080i'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information