Saturday 28 November 2009

Milwaukee - milwaukee, v28


This charger is way better at topping off and keeping older Milwaukee NiCads charged then the older charger model. I highly recommend this as an upgrade to those using the older style charger that at least in my case would charge the battery then let it run down if it set on the charger unused for a week because it didn't have a proper top off trickle charge feature. This charger also seems to get a bit more juice into the Ni-cads as well, and of course it also charged the lithium ion batteries that are very powerful. Milwaukee 48-59-2818 18-Volt to 28-Volt Lithium-Ion and NiCad Slide Style 1-Hour Battery Charger

I also own the three pack charger by Milwaukee, I received this with my package purchase of the V28 cordless equipment. I place this in a different location of my garage (away from my main work place). I use this as an aux. charge location and it works great.

I just have to remember to take the battery out, before I leave the garage. :)

I have the older batteries(18 volt) along with a new Lithium Ion one. This Charger is able to charge both styles. From the literature it is able to recondition the older batteries to work better. So far the only downside if you can call it that is my teenage son can hear it squealing as it charges batteries. I can't hear it but I guess the teens can. Maybe another potential use, to chase the kids out on a nice day!

I learned a few years ago that when your batteries are not lasting very long on a charge that it wasn't the battery but the charger indicating the battery is full when it realy wasn't. I replaced the charger and problem solved!



Last month I ran an 18 volt battery down too much in my radio and it wouldn't take a charge anymore. The battery is around 5 years old but I knew I could save it. I found this charger on Amazon with top ratings and it was on sale so I got it. It showed up on time and I tried my battery on it and in 20 minutes it was charged and running my radio! It also runs my drill just as strong as usual.



Come to find out that if a battery is run down too much the old style chargers wont charge them. This one will start a charge at like 1 volt so if there is any chance of saving a battery this charger will do it for you and do it fast.

This item was purchased as a gift for my spouse's birthday. He reports that it works perfectly and that the speed of the charging process is excellent. No negatives to report, therefore, the five star rating. In addition, the price on Amazon was the best found anywhere.

Bought a 18V Sawzall back in 97 and the charger didn't work, so I used another saw and forgot about it.

When your a contractor sometimes you don't have time to spend on defective tools.

Found it a few weeks ago and while the saw and batteries were never used they were 15 years old.

This new charger actually charged the old NiCad batteries. Works Great! - Milwaukee 18v Lithium-ion - Milwaukee - Cordless - V28'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information