Thursday 26 November 2009

Shipping Scale - shipping scale, weighing scale


Perfect scale, gets all my boxes weighed just right! The scale sits just fine on my desk and it even has an auto hold feature: Just place the box on the scale, let it sit for 3 seconds then lift it off - the weight will still display! Great for bigger boxes...Love it! A+ 5 Stars! NEW 55lb DIGITAL POSTAL SHIPPING KITCHEN SCALE + AC ADAPTOR

I've been using this scale for a while now with good results. The things I like about it include the ability to remove the front piece to weigh over-sized objects and that it can handle up to 55 lbs with no problem. It has a relatively small footprint and is extremely easy to use. It also seems to be very accurate. I do wish that the auto shut-off timer were longer as I am forced to turn it back on multiple times during my shipping routine. Battery saving is good in theory but how much energy is wasted when one has to constantly re-boot the machine?



(By the way, this is the same scale as the Weighmax located at listing ID: B001EVS9HA - only with different custom/branded packaging.)

This is an excellent product and I would definitely recommend this product to anyone. It's not only a postal scale but food scale as well. Both work excellent. Also included with the purchase is an AC Adapter, so many others require you buy this separately.

This was a great buy in terms of a low price for a scale that can handle a lot of weight. However, some quirks that annoy me include:



1) the "hold" feature is nice in that a large box can be placed on the scale, you wait a few seconds, then remove it and the weight stays in the window for a while. However, it stays there way too long and the only way to reset it if you are in a hurry to weigh the next item is to turn the scale off and back on again. There should be a button to say "OK< I'm done now, let's move on", but there's not.



2) The accuracy is quite questionable. I ship out a lot of CDs through USPS, and sometimes the window will say "4.0 ounces" when in reality it may be 4.1 oz. Therefore, either my customer gets dinged with a "postage due" collection, or it comes back to me as postage due. I;ve learned to just round up whenever the window says X.0 ounces, just to be safe.



For the money though, there is value in this - particularly when shipping larger parcels.

I settled on this digital scale after reviewing several on Amazon. Some of the others were too pricey, others had too many dissatisfied customers. This one seemed to have the perfect balance of an affordable cost, a large capacity and few complaints. So far, so good. The memory function is invaluable. The first package I put on it was rather large and weighed almost 20 pounds. When I checked shipping online based upon the weight the scale gave me, it was the exact price I was given at the satellite post office (unfortunately you can't print first class postage at home from the USPS website). I am very satisfied with this purchase. The free AC adapter is a nice bonus - they cost extra with most of the other scales I looked at.

*

This little scale is perfect if you ship a lot of packages and want to save time by doing your postage online at home.



I have checked mine against the high dollar scales at the post office numerous times and it has been dead on accurate every time!

[gave exact same reading]



TIP: When you are weighing a large item that covers the display, remember that the display will "hold" the reading for about a minute AFTER you remove your item.

I bought this for our home post office. It works great and is much cheaper than the one found on the USPS website. Since it weighs items up to 55 pounds, we can also way our infant on the scale by placing him in a laundry basket. Being able to power the scale with a battery or the AC adapter is a plus. The only negative is that the screen can be hard to read. The recessed LCD creates shadows.

I had become tired of using the bathroom scale and/or guessing the weight of packages and then getting charged more than expected when I got to the shipper/USPS. This scale is very affordable, lightweight, compact and looks good, too! It will weigh packages (or anything else) up to 55 lbs. and is very accurate and easy to use. It comes with batteries and an AC adaptor. Now I know what my shipping charges will be before I ship. I am very impressed with the quality and price and highly recommend it to anyone who ships anything. I can't find anything wrong with this scale. It's a great time and stress saver!!

I needed an accurate yet non-budget-breaking postage scale for sending out packages periodically from home. I use PayPal to print out my postage & shipping labels for my boxes and this scale to weigh them. I've gone to the post office to verify it was correct and it is spot on! So I feel confident knowing my postage is correct. I can now print my postage from home and not run to the P.O. especially during the busy holiday season coming up. What a relief! Great features on the scale: easy to read, holds the weight for a generous amount of time after you remove package, compact, lightweight. Love that it comes with it's own AC adapter too! Others will charge you separately for this. Excellent product at an excellent price (just under $30). Don't hesitate to buy. - Diet - Weighing Scale - Shipping Scale - Accurate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information