Sunday 31 January 2010

Battery Chargers - jump starter, nice product


This unit was used by a rep of the super-reliable American Automobile Association (AAA) to jump start my 2004 Toyota Sienna in one minute flat late on a Sunday afternoon after I failed to start the vehicle (a) with a 450 AMP booster purchased from a discount warehouse, (b) with a lesser capacity Black & Decker unit, and (c) with booster cables connected to a nearby car. While I thought I had done everything possible to protect against such a situation (and the battery was a 1 year 10-month Sears DieHard), nothing worked until AAA showed up with the Clore ES5000. Since I cannot afford to have this happen in a remote location such as Northern Wisconsin where I have a summer cottage, I immediately ordered one. Hope my experience (and yours) is the same as that of the AAA rep. Booster PAC ES5000 12V Portable Battery Booster Pack

This is essentially the same booster pack that Century made about 5 years ago, just bigger. My Century pack (ES2500) has worked well the times I have needed it. The only problem with the Century pack is during cold weather the charging lights will come on when pushing the test button and stay on. (I just don't push the button anymore during the winter unless I plan on charging it). They don't draw much voltage (they were on for over two weeks before I saw them and the pack was still almost fully charged). The new pack hasn't done that to me yet. My Century pack has started 4 cylinder cars with the temps hitting 10 degrees below Farenheit.



This new and bigger pack is heavier but very similar in every other way. I bought this one to be sure that I could jump my 8 cylinder pickup. I never tried the old pack on the bigger motor.



I wanted this Booster Pack for my truck and then put the old one in my wife's car. I just charge the packs about every 4-5 months and have never had a problem. I combined this with a small 12 volt air compressor to keep in each vehicle to be as ready as I can during my drives with the military.

This item is top notch. I use it to jump start salvage vehicles everyday. I used it today to start a 2004 Ford Expedition, two 08 Prius's, three Yaris's and the booster still showed full charge. This thing is a monster. I really like it and highly recommend it.

Being fair I have had several types of battery boosters and this one is by far the best one for the money I've ever used . Portable easy to use and capable of starting my Dead F-450 6.0 twin battery diesel truck when jumpers a good battery charger and my old battery Booster couldn't . Best part I didn't by new battery for over a week and jumped the truck off at least 6 times without charging the Battery Booster Impresive by Any standards . - Jump Starter - Nice Product - Battery Chargers - Battery Booster'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information