Thursday 28 January 2010

Printer Stand - display, stand


This well built stand was exactly what I was looking for. I needed a stand to raise my recently purchased 42" Panasonic plasma TVPanasonic VIERA TC-P42G25 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV. I had gotten the Panasonic soundbarPanasonic SC-HTB500 2.1-Channel SoundBar Speaker System with Wireless Kelton Subwoofer (Black) when I bought the TV. Unfortunately with the soundbar placed in front of the TV (mounted only on its stand) The remote sensor for the TV was blocked by the soundbar. This table was just right & it can be increased to 3 or 4 different heights by adding the leg elements.



If you're in need of a small table that can support a heavy monitor I strongly recommend this item. Kantek Single Level Height-Adjustable Stand, 17 x 13 1/4 x 3 to 6 1/2 Inches, Black (MS400)

There is not much to review with something that you just stick something on top of but I can try. The stand was pretty easy to assemble. You are given a few different blocks to stack up to the height you wish. You are limited to 1" blocks but that really shouldn't be a problem. The stand is sturdy and has an attractive look to it. There are some curls on the back of the stand to hook electric wires in to make things a little more tidy.

I needed a 6" stand for my Lexmark Inkjet Printer, and this fit the bill precisely. Imagine my surprise when it assembled in one minute (instructions are irrelevant) and it seemed more stable and solid than I would have expected from a plastic stand. There is no vibration when the printer is printing.

Summary: What you see is what you get, only better.

When upgrading my working system and adding monitors and printers, I decided to buy some risers to get more desk storage and put things at eye level. I purchased 3 different risers. This one has the price advantage. It is sturdy enough for my monitor but I'd hesitate to put a huge printer on it (destop printers would work fine). It comes with a lot of sections of legs so there is the ability to get it the height you might desire.



It has the advantage and disadvantage of a small footprint. If you have limited desktop space, this would be a great cheap stand. If you don't have space issues I'd recommend trying a stand with more width between the posts so that you can store larger items in the space under the riser. - Ergonomic - Monitor Stand - Stand - Display'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information