Sunday 31 January 2010

Ipad 2g Screen Protector - ipad 2 cases, ipad 2 cover


5 out of 5: "Great cover. Really nice feel, soft rubber type feel. very cosy, friendly feel. Very good protection as well. Much better than it's picture. I like this very much, just what I wanted. My last one was hard and cold, this is great."

I love the case! Affordable, great fit, and offers protection from scratches to the back of the device. One complaint is that the case smells awful(this is not an exaggeration)! Overall, I'm happy with this purchase!

We got an iPad 2 about a month ago. Instead of waiting in lines for hours/days at the Apple store (they kept selling out) I just ordered one at the online Apple store and waited 3 weeks until it shipped from China, to Alaska, to Oakland, to Portland, and finally to Seattle.



Anyway, my 3.5-year-old LOVES Garageband, and I was concerned about him dropping it. The iPad 2 is considerably lighter than the iPad, but it doesn't exactly float to the ground when dropped! And it's very slippery. We make him sit while using it, but I've caught him carrying it. I was looking for some corner and edge protection in a cover that didn't sabotage or compromise the iPad's uniquely slim feel and design. Too much to ask?



Well, being dropped is bad for gadgets with complicated electronics and big screens, no matter what you wrap them in. But the idea is that if you make a stupid, clumbsy mistake, the case should at least prevent breakage or damage. I don't care to conduct objective tests, but I feel confident this slim case with rubbery, padded corners would do quite well. Also, if you were to place it face down on a flat surface like a table, the thin rubber lip around the front edge keeps the screen from touching and getting scratched. The grip is excellent and goes a long way to prevent dropping or slidding off laps. Somehow it still manages to retain that amazing slim feel of this awe inspiring piece of technology. So I guess wanting decent protection while avoiding bulkiness is not too much to ask after all.



One possible negative: While the back and sides fit very well ("snugg", just like the company's name), the rim which wraps around the front edges seems a bit loose. And there are a couple cut-outs that the iPad 2 doesn't need. These two things lead me to believe the case was designed to work on both iPad models. When playing a game like Fruit Ninja, where you swipe your fingers wildly across the screen, it is easy to push the rubber "lip" off the edge of the device. By no means would the cover fall off because of this (the four corners and the other three edges are still hanging on), but it is a little annoying.



If you plan to travel or put your iPad in a brief case or bag of some sort, I would suggest a folio/folding case of some sort. Because our family mostly uses it around the house, this is an excellent solution and meets our needs.

I figured it was an inexpensive cover to try so I would roll with it. I love the way it feels I also like that protection it affords but what I cannot get over is the fit. This thing is too loose. If you want to hold your ipad from the side the unSnugg slips off. If they could have incorporated a harder material to frame the ipad it would have been fantastic. It's really too bad because I loved everything else about the cover. So, if you don't mind the edges slipping off on occasion it's great. I have since ordered the Macally Dualstand2 based on reviews.

I had high hopes for this case-- the price was right and other reviewers gave great reviews. However, after trying this case out, I'm sending it back because it constantly slips off th sides of my iPad when I'm holding it. I'm going to look for a case with more riid material. I bought a case for the original iPad that was flexible yet stayed snug on the unit when holding it. That's what I'm in search of forne iPad 2. - Ipad 2 Case - Ipad 2 Cases - Ipad 2 Accessories - Ipad 2 Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ipad 2 cover
  • ,
  • ipad 2 accessories
  • ,
  • ipad 2 case
  • ,
  • ipad 2 cases