Sunday 31 January 2010

Pneumatics - nail gun, pneumatics


First time ever using a nail gun and I was imediately impressed. Not one Jam up and smooth operation. Light and very little recoil.



I did look at the dewalt brad nailer and I also love Dewalt tools, However this tool was favored a little more than the Dewalt. Price difference between the two tools was nothing to compare almost equal.



I can tell this tool will last. One more thing to add is Milwaukee has a warrenty for three more years than Dewalt. That is a total of five years. Dewalt only two. Milwaukee 7150-21 5/8-Inch to 2-1/8-Inch 18 Gauge Brad Nailer

Like other magnesium headed brad nailer's this gun produces almost no recoil. Another great feature, not publicized, is that it will not fire without nails (dry fire). The only minor problem for users of other guns is that the safety is behind the actual place the nail is fired from...but after a very short time you will be used to that. The no mar head on the safety is very good too. All in all a great gun...I ordered a second one already. [I am a finish carpenter by trade of 30+ years]

what can I say! This is the best air nailer I have ever owned! I have Senco's BEST finish nailer and it is a distant second fit, finish and feel to my Milwaukee brad nailer.

I only regret not being aware of the Milwauke line up before I purchased my Milwaukee!

This tool is a typical Milwaukee tool. Everyday you pick it up, it works. It has great power and effortlessly drives 2 inch brads in solid oak. I've been running on 80 - 85 psi which is more than reasonable. The depth adjustment is not precise, but most aren't. On balance, a good nailer at a cheap price when you consider how long it is likely to last. Many are cheaper, very few are better.

This is a great brad nailer. It is light and well balanced. I like the fact that the air discharge is out of the handle below the air intake. I have used it to build several cabinets and it is fun to use. I have not had a single mis-fire or had to hammer in a nail. It has a sequential fire mode which seems to work well, although I usually use the single fire mode. Awesome tool.

This nailer is all it said it would be. I am a contractor and have been useing a grip rite nailer. It would get into tighter places then the Milwakee but after every 50 nails you would have a jam. How nice it is not to have to un jam a gun. I have shot probably about 1500 nails already and never one jam how awseome. Now for the miner problem, when I got the nailer it didn't seem to always want o set the nail unless I had the gun kinda tiped forward it was like the safty would not go down far enough even after adjustment I had the problem. It might have been that my old nailer sat different but none the less I was disapointed. After messing with it awhile I was able to modifie the safty alittle higher and have not had a problem sence. I highly recomend this nailer.

I purchased this item with the Milwaukee angled finish nailer. As I mentioned in the finish nailer review the Milwaukee nailers are similiar in design to the Ridgid in my opinion. You will need to purchase and install an air fitting for this nailer. I installed a swivel connector similiar to the one on the Ridgid nailer which is available at most home and tool centers. The brad nailer is well balanced and has a magnesium housing. The unit comes with a nice cary case that holds your brads also. The operation is fine and what I would expect from a quality tool.

This was purchased to replace a Bostich which failed prematurely.

The unit is light weight and drives 2 1/2" nails in maple without effort.

All features are well engineered. Loading, setting depth, and jammed nail removal are all simple.

It also comes with a decent case.

Get a urethane hose to go with this and you might forget you're attached to a compressor.

This is the first nail gun I've ever used, but I think it's great. It's very light, easy to use, and doesn't jam. I used it to install baseboard, crown molding, and door/window casing. It made everything go so quick and easy. I used both the included 1.25" brads and also Stanley 1.75" brads also worked perfectly. The no-mar tip is outstanding. I used it with the MAC700 compressor from Makita (also great) that I bought on Amazon as well.

I think it's an excellent combination. It doesn't come with the 1/4" NPT connector like the Rigid gun, but you can pick one up at the home improvement stores for just over 2 bucks. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone. - Pneumatics - Brad Nailer - Brad Nailers - Nail Gun'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information