Thursday 28 January 2010

Professional Line - waffle maker, waffle


I have had this waffle maker for a little over a year so it is now out of warranty. It just stopped heating up last weekend. After some online research I found out what goes wrong. When I plug mine in the orange light turns on and you can hear the relay click but it does not get hot. If you are experiencing this problem and you are out of warranty please don't throw out your waffle maker. It can be fixed and the part is only $1.50. The part you need is a thermal fuse and it can be found under the round stainless cover of the lower griddle. It is a 250v 240 degree celsius thermal fuse. It is covered by a white silicon tube. Apparently this thermal fuse overheats and blows and power no longer gets to the burners. I have replaced the fuse and my waffle maker works again. This is a really great product but they either have the wrong size fuse in the unit or it was defective. Mine blew when I made a batch of waffles, turned off the unit and then turned it back on to make a second batch. It never heated back up. I kept my temperature control at 3.5. I hope this helps all you waffltiers out there. Also, the golden waffle mix is the best and you need to buy an isi brand whip cream dispenser. You add two pints of heavy whipping cream and three table spoons of powdered sugar and have the best whip cream for those tasty waffles. If you have questions leave me a comment and I will check back.



We used our waffle maker exactly 4 times. On the 5th time it simply didn't heat up. The base got hot but not the irons. Unfortunately we didn't register the product and lost the necessary paperwork. For being so pricey this product should have lasted years not 1 month!



After reading more about this waffle maker it appears there are other design flaws. Such as the irons will eventually break away from the base. This particular item I speak of was used once a week for only 3 years.



I would not suggest this product to anyone.

I wish I'd read some of the reviews here before purchasing this item at a store near where I live. We have had this waffle maker for about three weeks. The waffles it makes (or made I should say) were good, but then today, the unit would not heat up. The lights go on, but the waffle maker does not get warm. I'll be returning it to the store where I purchased it. I'm very disappointed in the quality of this item, and it seems that my experiences are not unusual. It's too bad.

This waffle iron works great 5 or 6 times, then it shorts out and quits heating. This is a major flaw in the design. I can safely say that because the same thing happened to me not once, but twice! This is the first appliance I have ever owned that I've needed to use the manufactuer's warranty. I'm now on my 3rd waffle iron in a year, and unfortunately, will no longer be able to get a new waffle iron under warranty. When this one quits heating, I will definitely buy a different waffle maker. You should too!

My family got into making whole wheat waffles years ago. We went through two or three $30 Bakers before we stumbled upon the Waring Pro. I read some reviews online before purchasing it and found a review comparing it to the Kitchen Aid. The reviewer favored the Waring Pro and seemed to have legitimate reasons. We bought the Waring and have never looked back. We made loaded whole grain waffles almost everyday for weeks on end until we would burn out for a little while and start on the kick again. The Waring never once failed. The design is so straightforward and easy to use. It does clean easy as well. I eventually perfected my waffle batter so that I did not need to use any oil at all on the non-stick plates and had no trouble popping my waffles right off when they were complete. This waffle maker did remarkably well with buckwheat batters too (the stickiest stuff in the world). The adjustable heat setting and timer with light are great for multi-taskers. About the only inevitable flaw is if you overfill the plates, you'll get batter oozing out when you close it. For the price, it stands head and shoulders above it's competitors. - Waffle - Waffle Iron - Waffle Maker - Professional Line - Best Waffle Maker - Waffle Irons'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information