Saturday 30 January 2010

Safety Light - safety light, glow light


This is a great invention! My 5 year old brings this elephant in his bed at night, and my 2 year old has the hippo. Both are so cute and my boys love them. They do have to be recharged each day or they won't be very bright the next night. For anyone wondering (as I was when I bought the first one) they are a hard plastic, not like the sort of squishy ones they sell at Target. I like that because they are very durable, they can't be chewed or anything. And if they get scuffed up you can use a magic eraser to get rid of the marks. They are about 6" tall. Also, there is a small button on the bottom; you press it once for "rainbow", twice for blue, three times for green, and four times for red. The rainbow one is pretty because it fades through all the colors of the rainbow, not just red, blue, and green. My kids love that. And then you hold down the button to have it stay on all night, or it will turn off automatically after 30 minutes. Thanks Kinderglo for a wonderful product! Kinderglo Portable Fun and Safe Rechargeable Night Light, Elephant

I absolutely love these lights. I purchased one for my oldest son about a year ago (brontosaurus) and it has been working like a charm. I purchased the elephant for my 4 year old and for some reason it keeps turning off mid-way through the night (yes, I hold down the black button until the red light is off). I tried using the reset feature but it still keeps happening. How do I know this? Because my 4 year old gets scared and shows up in my room at 3 am, 4 am, etc. because his elephant has gone off. I do highly recommend these lights - I think they are wonderful. I think I may have just received a bum elephant. If anyone has had this issue and can advise, I welcome the input. Otherwise, I may be exachanging my elephant for one that stays "awake" all night.



1/3/11 Update: I am just updating my review to reflect the great customer service from this company. I contacted them and told them about my elephant troubles and they said they had never experienced one of their products having this problem but immediately put a replacement in the mail. We received our new elephant and it is working perfectly so far. Thank Goodness - no more night time visits from my 4 year old! Just when you think customer service is a thing of the past you come across a great company that stands by their products. I may buy glowing elephants (or dinosaurs, or bears) for everyone I know.

We had a twilight turtle, but it shuts off after a certain amount of time. Our 20month old son was waking up at 2 or 3am freaking out in the dark. We needed something to stay on all night. Plug in night lights were just "begging" for him to unplug and play with. This is the perfect solution. My son sleeps from 7pm-7am and it remains on the whole time, never gets hot. He sleeps with it in his bed.

I originally bought the owl moonlite it was very adorable, although it had a malfunction. So I contacted the sellers and they were quick with a response, very helpful and didn't hesitate to replace and mail one out right away. I chose the newer Elephant moonlite as the replacement and it works great! My 2.5yr old toddler who had normally slept great alone in the dark in her room since she was 4 months old,was suddenly afraid of being alone in room, and probably of the dark. She would have night wakings and wanted to sleep in our bed. Since we started putting the moonlite in her room, using the various settings and colors it has seemed to help soothe her. She always requests for it to be on and is quite attached. I'm very happy to have purchased it and would do so again. It works and looks great, plus it was a lot bigger then the original owl light. I'm happy that the whole family is getting some sleep again!

We've had the elephant night light for about 6 months now. We use it every single night while we read books before bedtime. My son loves to turn it on and hold it while we read books. One day he brought it into my bed in the morning. Later that day I washed the sheets... and the elephant. When I took the sheets out of the wash and realized the elephant was in there I was so bummed thinking I'd have to order another one ASAP. However, to my amazement it still worked! This was about a month ago and the night light continues to work even after being washed. Love this night light!

I love this night light! It is cute and colorful and has enabled my three-year-old son to sleep in his bed all night without fear. He used to wake up in the middle of the night when it was super dark in our house and get really frightened and sob his way to our bed. The elephant light seems to comfort him and he stays in his room all night. He loves the rainbow setting (there are rainbow, blue, red, and green settings) and I LOVE that the light will stay on all night if I choose. We couldn't have a traditional night light that plugs directly into an outlet because all of the outlets in his room have large pieces of furniture in front of them. Also, most night lights that don't need to plug into a wall have a timer so that they automatically turn off. A 30 minute timer doesn't work when my son wakes up scared at 2 am. It is nice, though, that I have the option of a 30 minute timer or all night setting. I have the charger sitting on his dresser so when he wakes up in the morning I set the elephant on its charger and it's ready by the time he goes to bed. It seems very durable, but my son only uses it at night anyway. I have the charger where it's not easy for him to reach so I shouldn't have to worry about him damaging it. I am totally thrilled with this purchase. I wasn't planning to spend $25 on a night light but I'm so glad that I did! It has definitely been worth it for several nights of uninterrupted sleep.

I got the elephant and hippo for my 2 1/2 year old twin girls and they are already obsessed with them. I was worried my girls would love them too much and it would keep them up, but it's been fine. They really love playing with the lights even when they are awake. I love that they are soft, do not get hot, and are battery operated instead of needing an outlet to be on! There's just enough light produced so I can go in and peek at the girls without it being so bright that they are kept up. - Safety Light - Glow Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information