Thursday 28 January 2010

Iphone 4 - adapter, accessories


So I got this to use in my iphone 4 while I was on vacation in the states. I wanted to use it as a go phone, with all the data settings turned off (wifi was all I needed). I activated the card online, but the IMEI number with a go-phone can't be an iphone... I used the IMEI number of an old motorola phone I had lying around, and that worked just fine (just register the sim with an old IMEI number, then put it in the iphone).



I tried to activate it over the phone (before I found out that iphones aren't allowed with go-phones) and the customer service agent said you couldn't use a sim like this with a new plan, because it "doesn't have a number stored in it." Obviously the guy didn't have a clue how sim cards work... Activating online went just fine:)



My phone worked perfectly for the 12 days I was in the states, so I am happy with this purchase. AT&T Micro SIM Card for iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (TM) and iPhone 4

There are several vendors for this card. Amazon rotates the vendors, so you need to watch who comes up. Avoid OEM Planet. I've posted pictures of the card they sent me. The pictures speak for themselves.

The card works perfect. Customer support only requires the card number and your device IMEI and thats it.

Sometimes customer support will tell you that is not recognice but dismiss this message and restart your phone and "Siguelo que está verde"

I purchased my 3G 64GB iPad 1 from AT&T website back in April this year and AT&T automatically set my iPad up with a post-paid plan for 3G service. I personally don't like post-paid plan since the pricing is different from pre-paid plan. You can do research on-line to see why some people like the pre-paid and some like the post-paid plan from AT&T. It depends on your personal preference and 3G internet usage per month. The micro sim card that came with my iPad can only be used with a post-paid plan since it has been coded with a phone # in the chip of the sim card. Stupid, right? Yes, it is stupid if you ask me However, the only solution for my problem is to get a brand new AT&T micro sim card that fits my iPad and this is the exact right sim card for it. It works great. I was a little worried due to other reviews, but like other reviewer said, make sure you buy it from a right vendor. I got my micro sim card from abe-123 for 1/3 of the price compared to what AT&T is selling. It is the original AT&T micro sim card. I signed up for the pre-paid plan right at my iPad after I switched the old micro sim card out. Great buy!

the shipping was quick and everything but i thought i was going to get the real iphone 4 sim card but it was just the cut out one from the regular at&t sim card. Its good and it works, I can't complain.

Popped the tiny little card into the tray and slid it in and it worked. I was a little worried about how much pressure to put on the tray to get in seated but I finally got it to slide in. You do have to have the wifi on in order to recognize the card. Thanks for all who posted and quieted my fears.

iPad is a convenient item to have when traveling with the U.S.. It can immediately receive the necessary information about the airport immediately connected to the Internet. Very easy even from outside the United States can deal. - Sim Card - Iphone 4 - Accessories - Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information