Thursday 28 January 2010

Katy Perry Collection


I've been doing my nails (not a salon, ME), since I was a kid. I'm middle-aged now, and after trying all sorts of brands, from the cheap to the high-end pricey ones, I've concluded that OPI is the best.



These polishes last two weeks, easy, looking decently on my toes. Hands less long (cause I wash dishes without gloves).



Lately, I've forgone nail polish on my fingers (laziness), but I still love to OPI my toes.



Opi goes on smooth, dries relatively fast, has rich colors, and lasts. Chick Flick Cherry is my fave of the cool, darker reds. Gorgeous red that makes my toes girly, sexy, and very happy. Hubby loves this color, too. Even comments on it. (When a man comments on a toenail color, it's gotta be nice!)



Malaga Wine is another lovely darker, coolor, winey-red color. (Try Kennebunk-port, too. Niiiice.) And in the warmer reds, Thrill of Brazil, Smok'n in Havana are tops. Moscow Red and Big Apple Red are terrific medium reds. And the signature OPI RED is probably flattering on just about everybody, a clear, bright red edging into coolness, a crisp red.



Other excellent colors to scope out: Yucantan if You want, Dutch Tulips, Silent Mauvie, 20 Candles on My Cake.



OPI also has lovely mauves, roses, and natural/beighey/caramel tones, but nothing beats their outstanding reds.



Too many colors, too little pedicure time!



I strongly recommend the OPI nail products. Truly superior. Your husband or boyfriend will be delighted. OPI Nail Lacquer, Color So Hot it Berns, 0.5-Fluid Ounce

This polish is a deep-purple-edging-towards-black color which comes as close as you can get to the famous Chanel "Media" of the 90's. It's OPI, hence you're getting a nice bottle of polish for a not so large price that rivals the couture brands - not that most people could tell anyway. I love the whole OPI Russian collection. It has very retro colors that are "in" now so for "old" folks like me, it's nice to have my past made hip. Maybe I wasn't such an outcast after all - I was just cool before my time!

I was very pleased with my recent purchase of Siberian Nights by OPI. The color is deep and a bit mythical at the same time. I've received many compliments on the first time that I wore it. The service was very prompt and they also included samples!!

I am as low-maintenance a woman as they come; I can't usually be bothered with fixing polish chips and reapplying because it has bubbles and all the other headaches that have come with my brief forays into growing out and keeping polish on my nails in the past. I finally got smart and decided that cheap polish might be my problem, and looked around for the best-reviewed brand. I was not disappointed. It applied very smoothly, no bubbles, and with a thicker coat than I was expecting. The second coat took the color from a medium red/fuchsia to something just a little too pink to be candy-apple red, and I think I would have been just fine with a single coat, the coverage was that good. And then it stayed, and stayed. I'm usually lucky to get two days with perfect nails; this time I got a week, with only some wear (some very even wear, a thin line of white) at the very tips. I'm very pleased to finally find a polish as low-maintenance as I am!

This is a fantastic product. It applies smoothly, dries quick, and does not chip. Not only that but it doesn't leave all those bubbles that makes your nails look sloppy. Maybe one or two (if you don;t shake it before use) but other then that it is a great product. The color is a little bit darker than the picture (more like a ruby red)but it still is a beautiful color. Bottom line: I would recommend this product to a friend.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Katy Perry Collection Katy Perry Collection Katy Perry Collection