Saturday 30 January 2010

Hyperpigmentati - hyperpigmentati, acne


Well, I got what I wanted from this product, but I'm not sure that its description would have lead me to believe that was what I would get. Buyer beware, this is not a light, tingley, toner type treatment! It's an intense acid peel that seemed to target my "problem" areas very effectively. I applied the solution all over and as directed, it burned like some of the acid peel treatments I'd had before and the problem areas where I had tough or thickened skin turned white. I applied moisturizer as directed, which helped with the burning, and went to bed. In the morning those areas had darkened considerably (not very attractive) and were all shriveled and wrinkled looking. These areas were a bit tender to the touch, but nothing horrible. By the next day there was a bit of cracking and lifting of this thick wrinkly skin. I was careful not to peel these and over the next day or so, gently removed the skin that seemed to come off easily, leaving the skin that didn't. By the third day most of the larger dark areas had come off and by the fourth day pretty much all of it was off, revealing lovely fresh skin underneath. Over the next week or two there was additional slight peeling, but nothing that some good moisturizer couldn't fix. Overall I was stoked with the results, but quite surprised by the intensity of this treatment at full strength. It hasn't helped much with the acne issues so far, but did seem to make any areas with blackheads look much better. The next time I use it, I will cut it with the alcohol that the directions suggested as an option. Probably by one half or maybe less, but certainly won't use it full strength again unless I have 3-4 days to be out of the public eye. Of course next time I use it, there will be much less bad skin to remove, so maybe the reaction won't be as severe. As I said, I used it all over my face and the intense peeling only seemed to happen on my nose and chin where the most blackheads and thickened skin were... Overall, I'm thrilled with this product, I just think the labeling and description was a bit benign for such a strong treatment. Acne Treatment with Salicylic and Lactic Acid. Great for body and bikini line also!

I bought this product to help with the chest acne that i get (yuck!) and yes I am a women. I too thought that it would be just a toner/astringent ...wow.. was i surprised. After my shower, I swabbed some thru my chest area and boy did it "burn". My heart started to beat so fast..I couldn't even lay down to sleep,then i took a cold towel and just wiped the area. The next morning my chest area was very dark brown(yuck) it looked worse than when I started. This product seems to act as a peel rather than a toner/astringent. It is now day 3 and that area skin is still dark, tight and shiny. I am now applying organic natural cocoa butter to the area twice a day. Hopefully it will BE o.k.





Will update.



I just washed the area and i can see some skin peeling however, the area is still very dark. I emailed the seller through amazon requesting a refund. This product works like a PEEL, and it WILL cause your skin to turn dark and peel, but your skin will stay dark. no where in the product information does the seller indicate that this product would peel your skin. PLEASE BEWARE THIS WILL ACT LIKE A PEEL ON YOUR SKIN...BUYER BEWARE.

This stuff is better than any astringent I've ever been able to find in the drugstore. Get ready for it to burn, though. If you can't handle it for long periods of time, try using a Q-tip to apply it only on the actual zits.

This definitely isn't your regular toner. It burns. But it works. It seems almost like a very mild peel. Used along with a bi-weekly alpha-beta peel, it's done wonders for my oily, cystic acne-prone skin.

I was very tired of shaving and razors so I wanted to try something different; a hair removal cream. It left me with red, bumpy underarms which turned really really dark after a while {I'm dark-skinned}. It was so embarrassing to think a product would burn that badly and leave such a disgusting sight. I was very skeptical when I bought this, so I applied a lot on my cotton ball and scrubbed really hard under my armpits. Boy was that a wrong move. It stung like hell my whole face was red! But two days later, the bumps dried up, and left some dark spots which peeled off after 2 more uses. After building tolerance to this stuff I use it three times a week now to exfoliate my underarms {deodorants aren't my best friends}. I haven't built enough confidence to use this on my entire face, so I only apply to spots haha! - Scars - Hyperpigmentati - Acne'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information