Friday 29 January 2010

Invisible Shield - motorola droid, droid screen protector


I have had several Zagg products, full protection on three phones and an Ipod and they are fantastic. First let me say that if your wondering how well they work check there website, there is a video of them trying to scratch a phone after they installed a screen protector and they aren't joking, these things are near indestructible. I'm very hard on my phones and they stood up to every thing with out a single scratch, even when i had thought i scratched it i just wiped it off and it was as good as new. The only bad side I've encountered is that after a year or so the edges will start to peel off but really minor problem. If your wondering about any sticky residue left over after you take it off don't, it wipes right off. Also a great plus is that it is grippier so it won't slide around on tables or dash boards. ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Motorola Droid/Milestone (Screen)

This is the best shield I have used so far. BUT a word of warning to pet owners

you not only need to look out for your regular dust and dirt but pet hair can

get under this shield especially short hair pets and you wont even notice

until its already on and dry.And then you have to start all over.

Anyway a quick word for all of us wonderful pet owners.

I like how it covers the entire screen of the Droid as well as leaves less smudges than the screen protector I had purchased from Verizon. It does require patience when applying the screen protector since you have to first wash your hands; then clean the Droid with the cloth that is provided.



Do not soak the screen protector in the applicator sponge; I gave it a slight coating. Then carefully started to put the screen protector onto the screen of the Droid using the card that card with it to smooth out and remove the bubbles. There were some micro-bubbles left over, which should go away according to the instructions. However, even though I wiped down the Droid carefully and was careful in applying the screen protector a small speak of dust got trapped on the left side of the screen.



I do have a concern that if I need to remove this; that there is a chance that it will leave some sticky residue on my Droid. However, I guess only time will tell.

I love these invisible shields. This is my second one as the first one got messed up in the wind and dirt while I was working outside. They really protect your screen and so easy to wipe off fingerprints or makeup. Thanks.

This is a great product, almost invisible to a user and provides excellent protection. I purchased the original Zagg shield for a Motorola droid a couple of years ago which comes with coverage for most of the surface of the phone (around the entire body). But with most cases, I learned you only use the screen which is what this item is limited to.



Do NOT be swayed by Zagg's warranty, it is an absolute scam. Purchasing an outright new screen through Amazon is much cheaper than Zagg's "processing and shipping" fee. In addition, if you use the warranty and you do not ship the old damaged screen back to them, they threaten to charge your card another significant amount.



While the screen is great, Zagg's customer service policy is absolutely horrible.

Does a good job protecting screen. This screen protector feels very thick and somewhat rough compared to the screen protector I bought from the cell phone store for about the same price. Next time I'll go back to the cell store to get one that feels smooth.

It's a pain to install properly and appears that it will never, ever come off. However, it's nice because it protects the screen and the smudges aren't all that noticeable. It's easy to clean as well.

You need a lot of patience to get this thing right. I got it close but never quote right - trying to fix it somehow the thing got black spots on the adhesive part and then it was over - no amount of cleaning could fix it. 10 bucks in the garbage can.

It is a little on the sticky side. It makes sliding your fingers across a little tougher. I keep getting bubbles in it because the plastic cover on my armband holder sticks to the screen protector. When taking the phone out of the holder the holder's plastic screen sticks to the Zagg cover and pulls it up off the screen of the phone. It settles down after a couple hours but still annoying as trying to get the bubbles to lay down has marred the screen protector. Also it has a little bit of streaking in it on white screens.

Upside is I can send it back to zagg for a free replacement (for $4.99 shipping). Meh.



It does the job and fits the screen well. - Droid - Droid Screen Protector - Motorola Droid - Invisible Shield'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • motorola droid
  • ,
  • droid
  • ,
  • droid screen protector
  • ,
  • invisible shield