Wednesday 27 January 2010

Halo Reach - halo reach, 360


Microsoft has done the Halo franchise it's due with this accessory. From the box to the little extras (i.e. the Covenant Banshee avitar prop). As with all offical Microsoft licensed controllers, this one is very solid and has a good feel, especially with the fiish they have given the controller. The finish has a very subtle texture to it on the sliver parts(more so then the standard controller) that gives it a bit better grip. The overall looks are just gorgeous for a controller. The silver matte finish and the subtle black detail lines go perfectly. Also the black buttons, control configuration and battery cover add to the looks very well. The crome "X" button is just icing on the cake.



Now, it has been years since I have purchased a new controller, so it just may be a lack of comparison, but the controller felt a little extra responsive in the "D" pad and the sticks. You will have to judge that for yourself.



Finally, the extras. First, the controller comes with 2 Duracell batteries to power it up and then there is the the exclusive Covenant Banshee avitar prop. I have to admitt I play with the xbox avitar from time to time but it is not over important to me, but I have to admit the Banshee flying around your avitar, while "you" are holding the new Reach controller, is pretty cool.



Over all I am very, very pleased with this controller and feel the money for this controller was well spent. If you are like me and have not purchased a new controller for some time, now is the time, you will not be disappointed. Halo Reach Wireless Xbox 360 Controller

This controller is one sexy looking thing, the black glossy ancients and the pattern just makes it look stunning, and makes me feel proud to play Reach with it. The only thing other than the design that gets this product a five star, is the one thing that truly matters.... It does in FACT work with the older 360 models

Once I just glanced at this controller, I was immediately wanting to buy it. Although the controller isn't very colorful and if someone where to just glance, it would probably look like the same old white Xbox 360 controller, it is truly special and once out of the box, totally worth it.



Before actually buying the controller, I looked at more Halo controller options, which included Xbox 360 Wireless Halo 3 Spartan Controller. This controller was very colorful and gave me the sense of the Halo world. But still the Halo Reach controller was different, it had a sleek look that reminded me of one place, Planet Reach.



Once I torn open the packaging of the Halo Reach controller, I knew that the $20 more for a controller was more than worth it. The design of the slick design and smooth feeling surface makes for a fabulous controller. The black accents that excel in the back of the controller are almost my favorite part of it whole.



This controller looks and feels fabulous but the main thing I want it to do is work well. I want it to be flawless when playing and unfortunately, that wasn't what I got from it. The controller itself works like a Xbox 360 controller but when I am playing 2 hours of zombie sprees, the controller does the annoying squeak with the joysticks. This isn't the first time my controllers have squeaked and I have noticed it has been happening with my new Xbox 360 controllers. Although the squeaking is not often, I find it extremely annoying. But like always with special merchandise, the sleek design and Halo feel is making up for it.



Although this controller isn't flawless, I can't help but love it. Not only does it feel and look fabulous but I believe it is a hidden gem that only Halo fans can really appreciate. No matter how much it squeaks, I think I will be blinded by the design of the controller itself.

If you're looking for another boring X-Box 360 controller, look somewhere else. If , however, you're looking for a controller with a little bit of 'flair', and you're a Halo fan, this is what you want to grab.



There's really not much that differs this controller from the standard X-Box 360 controller, except for look. The functionality is the same, the buttons and layout are the same, the size is the same. It's the same thing, except it's specifically manufactured with a Halo design.



What better way to differentiate between controllers? This stops the whole "is this my controller" guess when at a friend's house, or even in multi-player scenarios, since this one controller will always standout.



Oh, and the bonus avatar isn't too shabby either.



You know you want it, get out there and get this controller!!

I loved the game and I love this controller, its well designed and is worth the time and money for any fan of Halo:Reach.



The look is very true to the Halo Universe which is a nice touch, another bonus is the DLC content which is the avatar item, a banshee. - 360 - Halo Reach - Halo - Controller'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information