Friday 29 January 2010

Ipod Accessories - ipod accessories, ipod case


The case is great for protecting your ipod from the daily scratches that you would normally get on an iPod. It comes with an outer case that molds around all of the corners, and a clear plastic piece that covers the screen exposing the click wheel. The outer shell is heavy duty, and your ipod will be able to withstand a lot of punishment, and the rubbery texture will keep it from sliding around. I put mine on my dashboard and it stays put just fine. My only complaints, and they are small complaints, are 1) The plastic front cover is easily scratched leaving small scratches that when you are viewing a video make it annoying to watch the movie through the scratches, and 2) the outer cover makes it too thick to use any of the ipod docks that are available out there. Other than those two things, it is great. Speck ArmorSkin Case for 80/120/160 GB iPod classic 6G (Black)

I purchased this with my new 7g 160gig Ipod classic. I was not sure at the time if it would fit. The information was unclear and I ended up doing a lot of research for the sizing because I did not want to deal with returns. Well it does fit. The package includes a extra rubber spacer that it says is for the 80g Ipod classic. The spacer works for the 7g as well. It makes a snug fit and the ports are centered over the holes in the case. I am not sure how long it will last as this is the first day I've had it. Just wanted to let others know it will fit the new model.

A few years back Apple sold a slim 120gb iPod Classic and a thicker 160gb iPod Classic. Now Apple only sells a slim 160gb iPod classic. This case fits the older thicker 16ogb ipod and includes a rubber insert to also fit the slim ipod classics. So, if you have a slim ipod classic, the case is bulkier (thicker) than necessary. It also DOES NOT COVER THE FLYWHEEL. It looks like a tire around your ipod. It feels rugged in your hand and does not slide around on surfaces. As with all iPod cases I have ever seen, you will need to remove it to fit in a docking station. I like it.



UPDATE

My case has stretched out over time. No longer snug fit but still works. Took about 4 months to get loose.

I love this case. It fits perfectly over my IPOD classic 7gen 160gb. The case is durable, easy to hold (with great grips) and keeps my ipod safe from scratches and damage. I've already dropped it a few times and nothing bad has happened to it. I like how the turn wheel is not covered as it gives you more flexibility to maneuver with it. Everything else fits safe and sound inside the case. You can charge the ipod or connect it to any source using the USB cable without a problem. The only minor complaint I have is you have to remove the case to effectively use the earphone jacks, but it is easy to slide on or off so that really isn't an issue for me. I looked at many different cases before deciding on this one and I'm glad I chose it!

The Speck ArmorSkin case isn't as sleek to look at as many of the thin, colorful silicone skins available, but it is exactly what I wanted and needed to protect my brand new 160 GB iPOD Classic. I drive a great deal and listen to books or music constantly through my car speakers. This case provides superior protection for the screen and body of the iPOD while leaving the controls fully accessible.



Best part is that the device stays put rather than sliding around on the seat or off of the console of the car. This same feature makes it a little more difficult to get in or out of a pocket, but well worth the trade-off.



The hard plastic shield can be replaced if it gets scratched - I've had mine several months with truly minimal scratching.



I highly recommend this case, and the Amazon price and service were great.

This case is definitely rugged. The only thing I don't like is the black rubber part doesn't fit tight to the clear plastic piece. The corners are tight, but especially along the long sides of the Ipod it doesn't fit snugly. It's not what I'd call loose, but it's just not as snug as at the corners. I was initially concerned about these loose areas snagging on my coat pockets, etc. but they don't at all. It's really more of a cosmetic thing than a performance thing.

GENERALLY, THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT AND WILL PROTECT YOUR IPOD AGAINST SCRATCHES AND THE OCCASIONAL CLUMSY DROP.



IF YOU FREQUENTLY PUT YOUR IPOD IN A DOCK, LIKE AN IHOME OR ONE OF THE SPEAKER UNITS WITH AN IPOD SLOT, IT WON'T FIT WITH THIS THING ON IT.



THE CORDS WORK FINE WITH THE JACKET.

I got the Speck ArmorSkin Case to protect my new iPod Classic 120GB. I'm glad I did. I love the design and it's easy to grip and won't slip out of your hand. Despite the bulk of the case, it's easy to access all of the functions of your iPod. I was a bit worried about being able to access the click wheel easily but thankfully no problems there. What really made me love this case was what happened this past 4h of July. I was holding my iPod(encased in the Speck ArmorSkin) in my hand and was carrying my big, jumbo stereo boom box over my shoulder. In hindsight, carrying the two together wasn't a smart move considering what happened. The boom box though it was being carried over shoulder was a bit awkward and cumbersome for me to carry so I had trouble holding my iPod in my hand in addition I was walking down the stairs. The iPod ended up falling out of my and tumbling down metal steps and onto the concrete floor below. My heart almost sank. I thought my new iPod was destroyed. I put down the boom box, went down the stairs, took the iPod out of the case and not a scratch, shook it, no broken internal parts, turned it on, played normally and all of the other functions worked fine. The case, as well, was barely bruised. This case is awesome.



I took off a star because the plastic front cover feels a bit light and flimsy and as others have stated, it can be easily scratched. A harder plastic could've been used. Why have a tough, thick, durable rubber outer casing but skimp on the front cover?



Overall, this is a great case to protect your iPod. It's worth the investment to protect such a pricey device. - Ipod Classic - Ipod Classic Case - Ipod Case - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information