Sunday 31 January 2010

Memory Upgrade - memory, 2 gb


I was very lucky to order this item on sale for $19.95, on February 28th. I choose standard US mail delivery, and was given a delivery estimate of March 8th. Well, I received it on March 3rd, and installed it with no effort at all. It was instantly recognized, and is working in tandem, with the identical module, which I installed in my first self built computer. This RAM has always performed flawlessly, and for twenty bucks, less than a quarter of the cost to fill up van, you simply cannot go wrong. I have used Kingston for a number of years, and could not be more satisfied. For everyone who is chugging along with 256 MB or 512 MB, this is the cheapest way to increase the performance of your computer. Do a little research on this item. I did. I could have driven to a local national electronics chain store, who shall go unnamed, and the same item was almost $90.00. The order process was quick and easy. Even at the current price, it is a huge bargain. Props to Kingston and amazon.com



Mathew Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 667MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 Desktop Memory (KVR667D2/2GR)

Added to a Dell D9150, with other RAM present: 2x512MB and 1x1GB SIMM.



Don't forget if your are upgrading and adding to a system with slower RAM: (I forgot the customary issue at first).

This SIMM was faster than the other memory on board, and when placed in the slot 1 (2nd slot), system would not boot. Easy fix: I moved it to slot 0 (1st slot) and moved the original 1GB slower speed to slot 1, the system booted fine.

Price just can't be beat but it was dead on arrival. I already have one of them in my system and wanted to add another one so I know it was the right one. Tried it in two different machines and it was dead. System wouldn't boot and no messages appeared. Amazon could not have made the exchange process easier though! Let me print my own postage paid label and shipped a replacement before I even got the bad one out the door back to them. Replacement arrived in about 5 days and it worked perfectly.

It's not the best. It's not the fastest. It's good enough.



Some people want the best things money can buy, so they will spend thousands of dollars in the best equipment: gold-plated cables, memory covered with enough metal to shield them from any electromagnetic interference, chassises made of weapon-grade titanium alloy. Some people need stuff that just works, and if it's cheap, the better.



To upgrade the performance of a computer, there's no better thing that invest in some memory. More RAM means the computer doesn't have to access the hard disk that often, and memory is way faster than hdds. If you have 512M, get 1 or 2G and things will improve a lot. If you have 4G the machine will fly! And that's usually the limit of the past generation computers, by the way. I'm happy with 1G, and my embeddable computers work very well with it. Just be careful when you get your memory, if it needs DDR2, get this, if you need DDR, keep looking.



This is a budget-grade memory. It does it's job. It may be not as fast as premium-grade memory, but if that means you have to pay four of five times what this one costs, just so save fifteen seconds of processing time each day, well, thank you very much, I'll get this one. It is slim, and it seems fragile. It is fragile, but you won't use it in an application that requires a fault-free enviroment to work. This one will resist the usual conditions and tests, but if you will run intensive calculations, it will overheat. I can't remember the last time I had to do intensive calculations in my computer, and I'm a geek that loves to rip and recode dvds to watch'em in my ipod. That's not intensive nowadays. Reordering ten trillion records from a to z, that's intensive.



So this thing will do the job, and do it well, and do it cheap. Get it. Unless, of course, you prefer to spend more money and get almost the same product, but gold-plated.

Perfect addition to your HP MediaSmart Server. Only thing is the stick is about half the height of standard RAM so it's a little more difficult to insert into the slot without scratching up your fingers. Other than that, it works as advertised.

I am quite satisfied of the product except for the picture is wrong and the product delivered was not what was in the picture the chip is actually about half the size of what the picture shows and with my large hands could barely get it into the slot, however once I did the product runs fine and I have had no problems other than the one thing I mentioned. I highly recommend this product.

My husband and son worked together recently to build a gaming computer. My son just had his 12th birthday and this additional memory was one of his gifts. He was thrilled with it, and we were thrilled with the price. My husband compared prices locally and on mail-order and this was by far the best deal. It arrived quickly in secure packaging and has been installed and is working well. - Memory - Kingston - 2 Gb - Memory Upgrade'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • 2 gb
  • ,
  • memory upgrade
  • ,
  • memory
  • ,
  • kingston