Sunday 31 January 2010

Blackberry Car Charger - iphone, ipad


I ordered this car charger to charge my Samsung Galaxy Tab and my wife's Apple Ipad. I just received the charger and immediately went to test it out. I plugged the charger in and then attached a usb cable I picked up from ebay for my Galaxy Tab and it worked great. The Galaxy Tab immediately indicated it was charging. I did plug the usb cable into the top usb plug since the charger indicated that the top plug is for the Galaxy Tab and bottom is for the Ipad. I did not expect it to charge both my Galaxy Tab and my wife's Apple Ipad at the same time, but I tried it just for kicks. Both the Ipad and the Galaxy Tab indicated they were charging. I am not sure how long it would take to charge to 100% with both plugged in, but they appeared to be charging at the same time since I saw the percentage increase. Not sure if I will ever have both plugged in at the same time for normal use, but good to know it is capable.



The only downside to this charger is the blue light that another reviewer mentioned. It is a little bright if you are driving at night. But I am sure I can find a way to cover the light.



The price and functionality of this small charger definitely make this a Five Star charger! RND Power Solutions Dual Black USB car charger for Tablets, Smart Phones, MP3 Players and Gaming Devices including Apple (iPad, iPhone, iPod, iTouch), Blackberry (Torch), HTC (Evo 4G), Motorola (Droid Series), Samsung (Galaxy Series, Tab) & many more

This does just what you think it would and is of a better quality construction than what I expected for the price.



I don't think I'll need another one of these for a while but when I do, I won't hesitate to buy this again.



Pros:

* Works with iPad and iPhone.

* Perfect size so you don't bump into it.

* Quality

* Not an eye sore looks good.



Cons:

Don't have any

This little guy is perfect. Because it has two USB slots, I can charge my iPod and iPhone at the same time. Also, it's much much smaller than it looks in the picture, which is a good thing. It doesn't stick out crazy-far from the plug. For anyone who uses their iPod in their car without a device that offers auxiliary and a charger in one, this is a must-have.



I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Problem #1: The movement of the charger from side to side caused it to loose power. A little electrical tape on the sides prevented it from shifting and losing power. I had no problem with it in another car though.

Problem #2 Removing a USB cable pulled the item from the cigarette adaptor. Extra electrical tape on the sides solved the problem.



The blue light was much less noticeable than I was expecting, and could easily be partially, or completely, covered.



I was worried that the power required for an iPad would provide too much wattage. All items requiring lesser wattage worked wine. No problem.



I would definitely recommend this item, it works very well for everything that I plug into it.

After going through all the reviews from different USB chargers, I've learned that just because a product is claims that it works for devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Droid,...it may not be true. So, I recommend when you look for a USB charger, make sure you go through reviews to see what really works.



This one works with my iPod Touch (gen4).





PLUS

With this new charger, the iPod Touch and my phone can now be charged in the car at the same time, it's great!



PLUS

It's very small and not bulky. My 2002 Outback has the 12 v socket close to the stick control that if I put a huge charger, it's in the way. Besides, it's ugly when the charger is big. Also, being small is an important factor when I'm packing it for travel.



I don't have an iPad, but based on other reviews it seems to work.



COULD BE BETTER

What is ideal is that this unit has 2 USB's with a socket plug (aka cigarette lighter charger) as well for my GPS. There are some in Amazon, but I have not seen one that guarantees that they work for the iPod Touch gen 4, iPhones, and iPads.

I bought this item and didn't use it until about 6 weeks later. On a recent road trip I plugged in my iPad but the iPad indicated it was not charging. So this did not have enough power to charge my iPad 2 even though that was the only item plugged into it at the time. I tried both USB port slots with no luck and used my original Apple cable.

I needed a charger that would charge my iPad and the ability to charge two devices was just a plus for me. It's a great little charger that does what it claims to do. Simple, inexpensive, & it works!

I used this for our 18 hour trip to charge both my iPad and iPhones during the trip. It has two ports on it. One for the higher current iPad and a lower one labeled Samsung I believe but is the same as the iPhone rating. Both worked fantastic and they work at the same time. It got a lot of use during our trip and is very compact so it doesnt stick out from the cigarette charge much which was really nice as well. It does light up on the face in a blue color and might be distracting if in the eye sight of the driver but for me it was plugged in to my center console in the rear seat area so it didnt bother me at all. I think I will buy another for my other car. What I think I liked the most about this is that it uses a standard USB charger cord. So all I did was pack my normal wall charger and cords and then this small plug and I was all set.



I read alot of reviews for dual chargers and am very happy I chose this one. And it was very cheap IMHO as well - Iphone - Samsung Galaxy S - Ipad Car Charger - Ipad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information