Friday 29 January 2010

Laptop Computer - laptop batteries, apple


My old battery had gotten to the point that it would only last 30 min or so (on a 2 year old machine!), so it was time for a new battery. It arrived sooner than advertised and fit perfectly. It was also nearly fully charged, but I followed the calibration procedure recommended by Apple anyway. Now, when fully charged, the computed time is more than 5 hours and it does actually last almost that long. A good product, and the price was right. Thumbs up! Superb Choice New Li-lion Laptop Replacement Battery for Apple Macbook Pro 15" . Replacement for A1175 Ma348 Ma348*/a Ma348g/a Ma348j/a

I had a little bit of trouble calibrating this battery and getting it to charge. I had to reset the SMC on my MacBook Pro twice during the process in order to get and keep the battery charging after it was fully discharged. I haven't had to do that - ever - when calibrating, conditioning, or charging my Apple battery, so it makes me a little nervous about whether the battery might be causing some kind of power issue and, if so, whether that could turn out to be a problem.



Also, the battery life is only about 2.5 hours of internet browsing, which really isn't any better than the Apple battery that's telling me it needs to be replaced soon. It's definitely not enough to watch a movie on an airplane.



The price is good, though, and the battery looks and fits just like the original. I plan to update this review with more performance information over time.

My apple battery lasted about a year, the past year it only would keep a charge for about 30 min. Decided to try this battery because it was in my price range. I have had it for a month and a half now, it works great. It does not quite sit flush with the bottom of the computer, it only sits out less than a mm. It lasts me just over 3 hrs per charge, which is more than the original apple battery did. I am very satisfied with this battery and will be purchasing it again in a year if and when it goes bad! if you have any questions on the battery leave a comment and amazon will email me, I can then answer your question.

***UPDATE*****



So after 4 1/2 months, the battery completed died. It worked fine until recently (was almost at 100 cycles, but the mAH capacity was not low, so the battery was just failing. When plugged in it would jump from "Replace now" and "Service battery", as well as "Not Charging" and "Charging". When I would take the power adapter out, the computer would just turn off. I could turn it back on usually using the battery power but it would not take long for it to instantly shut off. It eventually got to a point where the battery would not power the laptop at all, so I ordered an official Apple battery, whichd provided 4-5 hours at a full charge. Yeah it's more expensive but I expect this to work and it has a year's worth of manufacturer's warranty if anything goes wrong. Yeah after 350 cycles I'll probably have to buy another one but it sure beats a knock off with a 4 month lifespan. Spend the extra bucks on quality.





***BEFORE BATTERY DIED AFTER 4 MONTHS****

I've had an early 2008 Macbook Pro for 2 years now and the battery lasts around an hour from light internet browsing now (it was around 400 something battery cycles). Because I was going back to school I did not want to deal with losing power quickly especially when I am using animation programs (I could get a half hour now because of the demanding power).



So instead of paying $129 to Apple, I went with this item at almost a third of the price. It arrived 2 days after I placed my order which was very surprising. It was packaged neatly so it did not seem like a knock off. I had read reviews that the battery does not fit completely perfectly **and this is true***. It sticks out ever so slightly from the bottom of the case, but does not protrude to the point of ugliness or discomfort because the rubber dots on the bottom of the Macbook Pro extend much farther than this little bump.



As for capacity, it depends on what you do, but you will get more battery life out of this. Just make sure you **CALIBRATE*** the battery first. Google instruction on how to do this because if you just pop it in and charge until it says "full" you may not be getting the most out of it. Check the "About this Mac" section and under "power" to see if it's really reaching the maximum capacity.



Near full charge on the train with wi-fi off reading pdfs for school, I got 3-4 hours from the calculated time. When I have Aperture importing thousands of photos, wifi on, safari opened, anti virus constantly scanning, MobileMe syncing, brightness 3/4 the way, and mail app open, it tells me 2 hours which is still more than I could get than my last battery when it was on it's last legs. So I was able to use it on the train to work, 30 minutes (no wifi), use it for 30 minutes during my break (wifi), and then 40-60 minutes (no wifi) on the ride back because the train broke down and then about 20 minutes until it got to 17% power. I never turned it off in between so it was in sleep mode. No unusual heat, no errors, works like it should.



Again, remember to calibrate the battery! I may update this near the end of the year if it's life becomes extremely short. - Laptop Batteries - Macbook Pro - Apple - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information