Friday 29 January 2010

Droid X Case - skins, droid x


I rate this item 4*.



Pros

Fits very nice, good texture, because of the basket weave type back it gives more grip to it which I like. For the price you cannot beat it. There are few after market ones available right now and this was well worth it.



Cons

The front of the case (where the edges meet) are a little thick. Although it is nice that the buttons show at the bottom, this thickness makes it a little difficult to use those buttons as it gets in the way a bit. It would have been more logical to just cover those buttons and add bumps to it like the camera, volume and power buttons have. The opening where the power and HDMI are located is a bit large. This means that the top area is somewhat flimsy when you pull it out of your pocket. It almost pulls off that particular corner.



Overall

I am pleased with the purchase and would indeed recommend it. Keep in mind I have only had it for about 8 hours and after more use i am sure I will get used to the button area issue (I hope). I am sure you can adapt to it over time. The bottom corner area should not be too big of an issue unless you have super tight pockets.



It got deducted a star because of the thickness, button issue and HDMI area. However, please note that the quality of this item is superb, next to the in-store items you would find at verizon.



I woudl purcahse from this person/company again.

Also fast delivery. Purchased the 19th. Received today, the 21st. Motorola DROID X Xtreme MB810 (Verizon) Skin Case Protector Soft Silicone "Basket Weave Texture Grip" Black

This case fits perfectly with the droid X! It isn't too thick so it will fit in pocktet easily.



I do have a few concerns with it though. The left corner where the HDMI port and usb charger are - are exposed. If it were to take a direct hit on that corner, probably wouldn't do too much to protect it. Also, The sides near the case seem to a little flimsy and overtime, I could see those wearing out and not being a perfect fit next to the phone. Another is that it collects dust, lint and other debris from in my pocket pretty easily, but is very difficult to get off.



Overall, this is a great case for the money and I would recommend it to anyone!

This is not a copy of Verizons basket weave case, but a cheap piece of junk. The product does not fit well. It's so loose fitting in spots that it will afford no protection. The dimensions are off, as well, making the 4 buttons on the bottom difficult to use. The X needs substantial protection, because it's so large, this product won't do it and shouldn't be sold.

I have this case along with the carbon fiber hard case directly from verizon. This is the cause that I am currently using. Fits really good and the texture is fantastic. For the 10 bucks it can't be beat. If your looking for a case, look no further.

This case is very loose fitting. I stopped using it after two days. The sides of the case looked like they were bowed outward. Also the very first day the dull coating on the rubber started to wear off showing a shiny surface underneath. Look for a better fitting case elsewhere.

This is a great product, but like others that have reviewed, there is something going on with the bottom left USB/HDMI port area, where it lifts up a bit. Very strange. The texture on the back of it is cool! The volume, camera, and power buttons are all covered by the silicone, which is really great to me. It has a non-slip texture to it, so you can put it on your dashboard and not worry about it sliding around. Enjoy!

This is one of the first skins I bought for my Droid. It has a soft rubber feel that drags in your pocket and it is too bulky for me. I does a good job protecting your phone, and it looks nice. There are better ones out there. - Droid Case - Skins - Case - Droid X'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information