Saturday 30 January 2010

Video Production - a waste of money, monitor cleaner


I bought the Monster Screenclean kit about 6 months ago still got some left. It contains the towel and the push spray bottle and it works like a charm on my LCD Samsung and MacBook screens. No residue! Monster ScreenClean LCD Display Cleaner 2 Bottle Screen Clean Mini Package (MPC CLNKIT-SM)

I was using wet wipes for computer screens before, but they required a lot of effort to clean the screen. No more efforts! Monster works just fine. I just sprayed it on the provided cloth and wiped my monitor. It took less than 40 seconds to be done. There are some reviews that say it leaves streaks, but I think that it's because they apply the spray directly on the screen, not on the cloth. However, it's said on the instruction that it should be applied to the cloth.

This product is great! It works quickly and really well. It doesn't leave any streaks and the cloth doesn't leave behind any lint. I liked the fact that this package was small enough that I can take it in my laptop bag and have it whenever I need it.

My boyfriend and I got this for our laptop computers, and it works WONDERFUL! Takes away all the streaks and everything. Just make sure you spray the spray on the cloth, then wipe the screen. Don't spray the screen and then wipe, I think that's what leaves the streaks. Overall a great product for the price, comes with two bottles and a cloth. Awesome.

This product comes with two bottles of cleaner and a small 4" x 4" baby blue microfibre cloth. You should only use the cloth it comes with, because other cloths can scratch up your displays. You spray the cleaner onto the cloth then rub the cloth gently in a circular motion on the surface you wish to clean.



I tried this on a Samsung 46" LCD television set. The cloth is really too small for a job like that, although it was manageable by taking my time. Over a surface area that large the cloth might get too much dirt on it to keep using it, but I folded it and flipped it around a few times to make it work. It cleaned the screen and left no streaks or scratches, so in that respect it was a success. The product is designed, according to the packaging, for cleaning the LCD screens in automobiles, which are obviously much smaller. It would probably be perfect for cleaning the screen of a Nintendo DS or other handheld electronics.



The stuff you spray on it should last you awhile. You'll probably only use it every few months, and that's if you don't put it in the junk drawer next to the crazy glue and forget you have it. So if you have a spray-on cologne that you only use every few months that should give you a good idea of how long it will last, but multiply that by two because there's two bottles of spray.



The cloth is supposed to be washed alone. I know I'd feel kind of stupid spending $1.50 to wash a load of laundary consisting of nothing but a 4" x 4" baby blue microfibre cloth. It's supposed to be dried on low heat with no fabric softener, but you can choose to air dry it instead. It probably doesn't take very long to air dry a 4" x 4" baby blue microfibre cloth, so I'd say go with option B on this one.

I tried this product immediately after receiving it in the mail. I am truly pleased with it. The product does what it says and says what it does. If you buy this product, You will not regret it. Also, make sure to only use the soft blue cloth for cleaning your LCD screen which comes with this item. Trust me, this product works. - Monitor Cleaner - A Waste Of Money - Video Production - Lcd Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information