Wednesday 27 January 2010

Outdoor Furniture


My husband and I are extreemly pleased with the quality of these chairs. We would have paid twice as much for them in the store. The rocking feature makes it very comfortable and the cushions are suprisingly good quality. I could see replacing them after a few seasons, but they look as nice as some of the cushions you would pay $200 for. Strathwood St. Thomas Cast Aluminum Deep-Seating Motion Chair, Set of 2

Received these chairs yesterday by truck freight. Packaged very well. I was extremely surprised at the quality of these chairs for the money. Cushions are very thick and comfortable. If I were to buy this quality of chair at one of our patio stores it would be at least double. Very pleased with this purchase.

These chairs look expensive and are very comfortable. If I had room I would have brought another set. The photos of the chairs are bit off, the color of the chair is a dark dark brown with flecks of silver not bronze as depicted in the photo. Notwithstanding, I am still very pleased with this purchase.

I just received the product and would not recommend it. The aluminum welds are poor and as a result the handle was cracked on one of the chairs. I cannot imagine what would happen to them over time.

Bigger picture, tried calling the 800 number for the manufacturer, it doesn't work. Then tried to return via Amazon, and they want me to pay shipping. Are they kidding me? I have crappy broken product that just took me an hour to take all of the packaging off etc, find out it is terrible quality, and then I am supposed to pay the price.

Buyer beware, this is the internet problem.

I received these chairs within a week of ordering them. They were packaged well and the guys that delivered it even carried it to my backyard for me. What's great about these chairs is not only do they look great and feel wonderful, but other than unwrapping them and putting on the cushions, there was nothing I *had* to do. (As a side note, I did spray 303 spray on the cushions to protect them from spills and the elements and it's probably best to do that right away, before an errant breeze or your first guest pours wine all over them.) There are no dents or scratches, which means the packaging was done well as there was a slight tear in the box and the only reason I didn't give it a full five stars are because there are one or two spots that need a little touch up paint, however, I should be able to get that from the manufacturer.



On the cushion note...don't get distracted by the velcro strap and think that it means that's the bottom cushion..it's NOT. The thicker cushion should be the bottom part of the cushion and the longer part is for the back of the chair. For those that think the chair is uncomfortable and you feel awkward seating in the chair, I GUARANTEE you have the cushions on backwards and most likely seeing the velcro tab probably made you think that's the bottom cushion, rather than the back of the cushion. As one who fell for the thought that the velcro tab meant it was the bottom cushion, given that the swirly design on the back didn't look like it was designed to have a velcro tab attached, it will make a huge difference when you put the cushion on upside down. When I first sat down (with the cushion on the wrong way), I was disappointed as it didn't feel like the chair rocked much and I felt like I was almost leaning forward in the chair, which is odd for such a deep chair. Given that I had already read about people putting the cushion on the wrong way, I decided to flip it around, even though the tab made it seem like I had put it on the right way. Yeah..I hadn't as there was a complete and utter difference and when you look at the chair, it also 'looks' right as the taller cushion is against the back and the thicker cushion is on the bottom. You can thread the velcro through the swirl design and secure the top cushion to the chair easily. Anyway, once I installed the cushion correctly (and yes, I realize it sounds like I lack intelligence when I admit I put the cushion on incorrectly, but in my defense, it did appear logical, based on the flat slats on the bottom on the chair and the velcro tab to secure the cushion), these were definitely the chairs I had hoped for and that I will spend many hours using, relaxing in my back yard. Great design and great quality chairs!

I purchased the whole set about a year ago. For the price I paid, I almost wish I had saved it and gotten somethign else. Don't get me wrong...I love the way it looks and holds up. The chairs are very comfortable and the side table/ice chest things are a nice touch. But, I noticed the other day that one of the legs on the bench looked bent, and when I looked at it, it has a crack and there is a good chance it will break soon. This is after the glider/rocker chair broke while my brother and his girlfriend were sitting in it. Keep in mind...no one who has sat on the furniture is "larger" (I think the largest person to sit on my furniture was in the 220 lbs range, and that was only once). Luckily, I know someone who can weld...

I usually don't write reviews but I really felt like I had to comment on these because I think the reviews are way off. I read every review of the St. Thomas line and I felt pretty confidant buying this chair. I paid 340.00 plus the 50.00 for shipping and was SORELY disappointed when I got them. I really thought I was going to get a really comfy chair based on the reviews. These chairs are NOT comfortable. I actually feel AWKWARD sitting in them. I do NOT consider these sit by the fire, with a glass of wine, talk with your friends and get cozy chairs. If these were at the store in town, I wouldn't buy them. They are run of the mill chairs. I would buy something twice this cost, just so that I could sit comfortably. These chairs would be good for someone who wants to sit at the edge of them waiting for two of their kids start fighting so they can break it up. All I can think is that the other reviewers have been sitting on old plastic 5.00 chairs in order to give these chairs the great reviews that I don't believe they deserve. I am a realistic person. Don't waste your money on these. Especially at this inflated price.



I was going to buy 4 of these plus the dining set. I am so glad I didn't!!!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Outdoor Furniture Outdoor Furniture Outdoor Furniture