Saturday 30 January 2010

Not Recommended - shipping scale, postal scale


I purchased this scale when my old manual one broke. After doing some research, I felt this one would be the best for my money and I wasn't wrong. If your looking for a good scale that you can move easily, work with a battery (which is included) or plug into the wall - I think you'll be happy with this one. The only thing is it doesn't register or "know" when much less than 4 ounces is on it. However; this isn't an issue for me, but felt it should be included for those that it may matter to. The digital readout is nice as you can mount it on the wall or move it out of the way with larger packages. Simple to set up and use. 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale

I wanted a heavy duty scale that didn't cost a fortune, so I got this scale. It's not a space hog which is nice, and is accurate after performing a few weighing tests with it.



Pros:

- Relatively small but can weight up to 330 pounds.

- Display is not mounted on the scale so you can place large boxes and see what the weight is (that was the problem with my old scale).

- It displays pounds as 1.4 pounds (decimal format) as well as pounds and ounces (2 pounds, 2 ounces). It also displays weight in Kilograms

- Has a tare function

- The weighing area is large enough that a big box could be placed on it and the cable to the display is long enough that the display can be moved out of the way of big boxes.

- Came with a good warrenty





Cons:

- The back light in the LCD screen is a bright blue when the scale is weighing (when not weighing, it's the normal black on gray LCD color)

- When the scale is "off" the LCD displays the time. That's okay except for it will wear down the battery eventually.



Overall, great scale, glad I got it.

I bought this scale because of the great reviews here on Amazon. Bad move. Unless of course I got a lemon. All I can tell you is that this scale is consistently wrong. I bought it for selling items on eBay so I can price my auctions and easily pack and weigh my items to print shipping labels from USPS. The problem is when I actually bring them to the Post Office I discover my scale is under weighing items by as much as 5 ounces! I can see *maybe* an ounce but that's pretty inaccurate and it's costing me money. Not a good purchase in my opinion.



Buyer beware.

This scale is fantastic. It is easy to use, accurate and I love that all you need to work it is a 9 volt battery... No plug required - although one is furnished if you want to plug it in.



Would recommend it to anyone...



Ken Beller, coauthor, Great Peacemakers: True Stories from Around the World

A well constructed scale - the remote sensor is bright and easy to read. Battery powered with an included AC adapter - the display powers the scale through the umbilical. Nice engineering - recommend this unit.

This scale is a great buy if you intend to use it for weighing packages weighing over 10 lbs. Anything less and it will be off by a few onces. Not a big deal if precise measure is not critical to your needs. However, If you ship small parcels and packages regularly then you may consider a more accurate USPS PS-100 10 lb. Desk Top Postal Scale. - Accurate - Shipping Scale - Postal Scale - Shipping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • postal scale
  • ,
  • accurate
  • ,
  • shipping
  • ,
  • shipping scale