Sunday 31 January 2010

Replacement Battery - laptop batteries


I'm not completely certain, but I think this battery lasts longer than my original battery that came with my mac. this item was a lifesaver for me, seeing as how my original battery actually expanded and the glue failed to hold it together after a point. Now i'm back to using my laptop away from the charger with a brand-now, long lasting battery Superb Choice New Laptop Replacement Battery for APPLE MacBook Pro 17" MA611J/A MA611KH/A MA611LL/A MA611X/A MA897*/A MA897J/A MA897LL/A MA897X/A MB166*/A MB166B/A MB166J/A MB166LL/A MB166X/A, Replacement for A1189 MA458 MA458*/A MA458G/A MA458J/A;68 wh

Absolutely not worth the savings. Can't hold a charge for more than a couple hours. I had high hopes after reading the other review but unfortunately I can't recommend this product. Save your money and buy the real deal.



****UPDATE*****



If I could give negative stars I would. I bought this mid-September 2010 (5 months ago) and it is dead as of yesterday, January 21, 2011. Dead as in will not hold a charge period, useless, complete waste of money. Save your money, really!

The item was shipped promptly and came faster than expected... but sadly as seems to be the case with a lot of third party uncertified apple products this battery is sub-par. As compared with the apple battery it doesn't last near as long and the time remaining indicator changes very frequently due to the random power associated with the battery. But, it works and it's much much cheaper so choose your poison.

Like many others, my MacPro battery started to come apart and get hot after 4 years of heavy use. I also didn't feel like spending about $140 ($129 plus tax) for an Apple replacement battery. So, I shopped around and found the one on Amazon. I looked at the battery specs and they are similar to the Apple battery for about half the cost. I have always been weary of 3rd party products, especially batteries. However, shipping was on time. No problems with the fit and finish of the battery when i got it and it has about an 80% charge. Looks like the old one (not as Appley) and it installs and removes with no problems. As far as performance, If I lower the brightness, I can get around 2.75-3 hours out of this battery with a full charge versus close to 4 hours with the original battery. Hey, at 1/2 the price, I'll take it. However, as many pointed out time will tell 8-12 month down the road. For the purest, this battery won't do. But if you're here @ Amazon, price matters. For me, it has been worth the price. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars because the color is a bit off.

Pay more than $120 for a battery from Apple for my MacBook Pro... I don't think so. It was only a few years old, but metamorphosing into an expanding blob, and probably a risk of a fire.



I search through Amazon's inventory came up with the superb choice alternative. About $60, it's the same animal, and might even be a little better. But now I no longer have to keep my Mac plugged in a wall.



I don't know why I waited so long. I guess it was spending money on something I just had not long before.



Regardless, my fear of this 3rd party vendor was eliminated with the prompt delivery of the exact correct item.



Back in business with my 'new' old MacBook Pro 17".



Satisfied with this purchase

So far so good, seems to be every bit as good as the Apple product at 1/2 the price. Charged it up and am working on Battery 1 hour in and with 80% capacity remaining. Fit seems good, looks identical to the Apple Battery and works like one as well. The test of time will tell, but so far as expected. PLan to check in over time.

I was a little concerned about some of the reviews here, but honestly, the reviews on apple's website for factory batteries were even worse. I figured I'd rather spend about half price and see what happens. The good news is that the battery works. Full charge capacity is 6277(mAh), a tad under spec (6400), but pretty good for the price. On first charge I ran a DVD a couple of times to see how long it would go. It lasted about 3.5 hours, so no complaints. The real test will be how long it lasts in 6-12 months, but as long as it doesn't explode like the factory one, I'm not too worried about it. The battery will never be mistaken for stock. It pops into place, but the fit is not Steve Jobs smooth. I personally don't care, but some mac folks are a bit more uptight about that sort of thing.



I'd recommend this one for the deal.

So, like many other MacBook Pro owners, I'm now a member of the my-battery-swelled-up-like-a-bag-of-microwave-popcorn club. The Apple store was no help, offering to sell me an OEM replacement for one hundred and twenty nine dollars plus tax. I took a gamble on this aftermarket battery, based on 3 out of 4 of the reviews being glowing. I'm glad I did.



I received the battery today, basically fully charged. It fits well into the case, and looks indistinguishable from the OEM battery it replaces (or at least like the OEM battery used to look, before it went all pufferfish on me). System Profilers indicates that this battery's manufacturer is "SMP," the same as the OEM battery. coconutBattery (handy free App, look it up) indicates that its Design capacity is 6300 mAh, and it arrived with a current capacity of 98% - 6128 mAh.



I ran it through one complete discharge cycle, and here's where it loses a star - shortly after receiving the "you're on backup power" message, with the power icon indicating 6% charge remaining, the laptop lost power, and when plugged in, booted up from shutdown. That's not ideal, but I'm pleased at the level of power it provides and the 50% lower price than the OEM battery. I'll update the review if anything else goes wrong, but if you're on the fence about this battery like I was, I'd recommend it, as I'd buy it again. - Laptop Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information