Wednesday 27 January 2010

Good Product - shredder, paper shredder


Having read over some of the comments and ratings on this average size paper shredder, I haven't encountered the problems others have. The shredder activates easily once paper is introduced and I've not had a problem having to adjust how the paper was introduced to the activation mechanism. It's the perfect size for my small home office and the right color (black).



You know those pesky credit card offers that come to you through the mail all the time? Don't even bother opening them. They're not too thick for the shredding capacity and it'll save you time by only having to introduce one piece instead of multiples if you cut open the envelope.



Credit cards whip through it without hesitation. And the basket size is just right (I empty mine about every 10 days now).



Reliable. Great price. Perfect size. Works flawlessly. What's not to like? Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/Credit Card Shredder with Basket

This is the first shredder that has not broke or jammed up on me within 2 weeks of purchase. Shred per instructions and this will do the job. It holds a lot more than it looks too. Easy lightweight basket to empty. Not as loud as previous ones I have owned. I am very happy with my purchase. I compared prices before purchasing too.

I personally love this shredder! It does what it is supposed to do... shreds into small pieces. This is a crosscut shredder, not a confetti. I was moving and needed to get a lot of old mail (boxes worth) shredded before my move date. This little machine more than delivered on its' promise.



Do not overload the slot... 8 sheets is the limit and that is true. I try to keep it under that. It loves to groan along when you stuff too much in there. The shredding mechanism is very sharp and have nicked my fingers a couple of times when removing a jam. Does it jam often? NO... but it does happen. The reverse/unjam feature is a MUST! It does shred credit cards, paper clips and staples as it advertises. Again, it makes a very loud noise but accomplishes the feat. If you just have a normal mail load, you could probably go a month without changing the bin. I find it convenient to just keep on smooshing down the shreds. If you do not, your machine will jam!



Highly recommend the machine; do not know the longevity as of now. Does what it needs to do at a wonderful price.



One caveat... the darn thing tips too easily because the mechanism is on the top. In my home, that is a pain with 3 kids and 2 dogs running around. Shavings everywhere!! It also states in the manual that you should not shred labels or stamps of any kind. I have done it and it is functioning fine.

Following product guidelines I NEVER inserted more than 4/5 pieces of paper at a time or even used it beyond twenty minutes and even used the proper shredder oil/paper and having now become somewhat of an expert on throw away shredders - This is no better than the rest and an absolute horror at the dreaded paper jam. Confetti shredders have a tendency to bulk and plug making it tedious work to un-jam. This was the worst of the bunch I've own lately.

Its only saving grace was when it did work (which was for about six weeks give or take) it worked well. That being said, six weeks isn't worth it.

Granted I have been doing quite a bit of shredding - still with proper use and not overuse as initally described it should have been able to handle the work load.

I love this thing- it takes 8 sheets of paper extremely well, shreds everything down to 1/4" by 1" or so, even takes credit cards. The little window on the front helps you know when the bin is getting full, so you dont have to spend time removing the lid to find out.

This shredder started acting up after only 3 months. You have insert the paper in just the right position to get the shredded to take it. It jams constantly. I can't see any reason for the jam. There isn't a lot of paper stuck in it. Now it will only shred on the left side. I have to fold the papers before putting them into the shredder. I wish that I could get my money back.

This is pretty much everything I personally need it to be. It shreds several sheets of paper at once, it shreds cards, and it has a fairly large capacity but fits under my desk. My only complaint is that it sometimes stops shredding too abruptly and leaves a little behind, but I have not had any trouble getting to activate as some others have reported.



Overall, I think it performs very well and is a good price. Definitely an item worth owning with rampant identity theft, and I strongly suggest the cross or diamond cut over an older "strips" model.

This machine works beautifully - and it really can shred a credit card - just be really careful about following the page limitations. It will get stopped up and stuck if you try to put more than 8 pages into the feeder. Honestly, I wouldn't put in more than 6 thin sheets - fewer if it's thick paper. - Aurora - Good Product - Shredder - Paper Shredder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information