Sunday 25 April 2010

Aleratec - disc repair, dvd repair


Aleratec 240131 DVD/CD Disc Repair Plus Kit My grand-daughter had "destroyed" nearly 3 dozen dvds. I have a 'Disc Repair Pro' machine and could not find refills for it. The Aleratec looks the same and the refill shows the same type of discs, as I had nothing to lose and all the dvds to gain, I decided to try the refill in my machine. I managed to repair all but two of dvds, and all the cost of replacing them. I have since replaced the two dvds I couldn't fix, with purchases through Amazon. Aleratec 240138 DVD CD Disc Repair Plus Refill Value Pack

The Aleratec unit is a miracle worker. I have repaired CDs, both audio books & music. It took the discs from unplayable to like new. I have not tried DVDs, but if it works as well as it did on the CDs - then it will be perfect. A must for any home.

I've been using Aleratec repair kit for a while now. I have also used Dr Skip kit in the past.

They both seem to work better on some media brands than others.

So, it's just a matter of finding one brand that can be repaired with the kit without taking so much effort.

One of the things I don't like about this kit, is that components wear out a bit too fast.

After a dozen uses, you can see it's not working at its best.

The cleaning solution leaked all over the inside of the package, thereby not only wasting half the cleaning solution, but also soaking the cleaning pad and rendering it unusable. The main reason I had ordered this refill kit was because this had happened to my old cleaning kit because I hadn't closed it tightly enough by mistake.

However, I contacted Amazon.com about the problem, and they are sending me a new one at no charge. Overall, I am very satisfied with Amazon's customer service.

Refill kit is costly compared to purchasing the Disc Repair Kit. The wheels don't last very long but it does the job. Have fixed some pretty bad discs. Overall I like it but not happy with the cost!

Have used this product many times since purchase. My family, especially children with cds to clean find it very useful and great for cleaning and repairing scratched/ dirty cds and dvds. It performs well,as I expected it would. I highly recommend it. - 240132 - Cd Repair - Dvd Repair - Disc Repair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information