Tuesday 27 April 2010

brad nails - brad nails, brads


This is about the most common brad size I use in my shop. These are fairly soft, so deflection can be a problem if you are not careful about the material you are nailing. Avoid knots and obtuse angles on plywood. They hold well and can be difficult to remove once driven. B and C Eagle B18-112 1-1/2-Inch by 18-Gauge Brad Nail, Galvanized, 5000-Per Box

I purchased these brads along with a Porter Cable Nailer. The width of the heads are 10% less wide than the Porter Cable brads that I purchased at Home Depot for a cheaper price! The Porter Cable items have a better holding surface too.

These 18 ga nails are not of the size necessary for the 16 ga Porter-Cable Finish Nailer that they are typically advertised with (FN250A). They sometimes came out 2 at a time, not at all, or caused the nailer to jam. I called Porter-Cable, and acquired the correct size nails, and the problems went away. I would not recommend these 18 ga nails, especially for this 16ga nailer.

I have used these nails extensively in my Bostich BT-50 (on my 3rd box of 5000) with no problem at all. Possibly other manufacturers have lower tolerances or are not up to par with the Bostich, but the nails work just great..... - Brads - Brad Nails'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information