Wednesday 28 April 2010

Kitchenaid Blender - replacement, kitchen aid blender


After reading the reviews I wondered about the part. Some said thAt it would fit and others said it doesn't. Perhaps it will fit other models but it certainly does fit the Kitchen Aid KSB5. It is much smaller and there are only 2 cogs instead of the original 6. I am happy that I purchased this with an Amazon.com Credit Card. They helped me get a refund with no problem. I did have to pay for the shipping the part to them and also the shipping of the part to me. That came out to almost $5.00. At least I got a little over $12.00 back. On their reciept it states that there if there is "free" shipping there will be a $10.00 handling charge plus the price of the shipping charge to send the item to you. Thank goodness this was not the case or I would have been a very unhappy camper. IF YOU HAVE A KITCHEN AID KSB5 BLENDER DO NOT BUY THIS PART......IT WILL NOT FIT!

this cutter blade assembly does NOT fit the Kitchen-Aid model KSB5, this assembly is a Very CHEAP replacement part that is SMALLER, does NOT center its self on the blender which makes it VERY dangerous, and only has TWO cogs that fit into the blender driver (original part had SIX), DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CHEAP & DANGEROUS REPLACEMENT PART !!!!

I did read the negative reviews by Dwight and Timothy but my blender only had a one 'bar' tang to begin with so I took a chance on ordering it. My model was a KSB3WH4. It fit perfectly and works great. Considering I can't get this part anywhere else, this was a great deal. For those that had problems there may be enough change between models to have caused their heartache, unfortunately.

This is the third cutter blade and gasket assembly we have purchased for our KitchenAid blender. The other two failed because the blade assembly became very stiff to the point of being unable to turn it by hand after cleaning. The new one we bought has sharp edges on the blades which should make it more efficient for the blending tasks we use it for, mostly making malts, smoothies and bread/cracker crumbs. The others have lasted a couple of years each. We'll see how long this one makes it.

Although this is the first time ever ordering this product, the advertised item was just as expected. With parts like this, the description needs to be specific enough. I was able to find a part number somewhere, but the part numbers change or are superceded over the years. I went with a part that was described with a picture, and I was able to select it with confidence. Prices vary quite a bit for items like this. Luckily, I was able to find a low price through the Amazon system. - Replacement - Junk - Kitchen Aid Blender - Kitchen Aid - Blender - Coupling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information