Sunday 25 April 2010

Gold Toe Socks - wool socks, socks


Do your feet a favor and lose the cotton socks. Go for wool whether winter or summer, and your feet will stay dry and comfortable. OTC is a must because it prevents flesh exposure when you cross your legs, and it's the only length that stays up. Gold Toe is the only brand I buy because the toe is bullet-proof. Other brands develop a hole in just a few wearings even with closely trimmed nails. Gold Toe Men's Windsor Wool Over the Calf Dress Sock, Black, 3-Pack Sock Size 10-13

I purchased these socks after my Lands End ones ALL developed holes at the heel. Therefore, I was a bit concerned when I first opened the order and found thinner socks than my last ones. I was anticipating holes again and that they would fall below my calves in a matter of weeks. However, it's been several months and so far so good. They are keeping their shape well and are not as hot as the Lands End variety.

I've purchased dress socks from Land's End and Jos A. Bank and they're very good, but at $25-$35 a pair, a bit pricey. The gold toe wool dress socks are not quite as thick, and probably not quite as durable, but a great value nonetheless. Highly recommended, very comfortable socks.

Update: After wearing them for a couple of years, I find them to be of very good quality. They don't pill and are very durable, even though a bit thinner than what I was used to. They are now my brand; I will buy nothing else.

If you have a shoe size between 9 and 11, these socks should fit you fine. They do an excellent job staying up and are good quality.



On the other hand, if you have feet larger than approximately 11, I would beware. Though the company says these socks have a foot size range from 6 to 12.5, after six months of laundering the heel is pretty much under the arch of my size 13 foot. I thought I'd be alright and the socks are not even close. - Socks - Over-the-calf - Wool Socks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information