Friday 30 April 2010

Quad Core - i7, cpu


I recently upgraded from a Core 2 Duo and Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard with 6GB of RAM to this CPU (the i7 870) and the EVGA P55 SLI Mainboard 132-LF-E655-KR motherboard with 8GB of RAM. While its difficult to assess how much of the improvements can be attributed to the CPU alone without taking all of the other components into account, I can tell you that everything is so much faster now, especially when working with large spreadsheets, videos, and other CPU-intensive programs that I use on a regular basis.



If you are looking for an inexpensive yet effective CPU and board cooler that is compatible with this CPU as well as most other popular ones, may I suggest the Cooler Master GeminII S Copper Base Aluminum Fins 5 Heatpipes CPU Cooler? I didn't want to use the stock CPU fan that comes with this chip, and the prices of some of the other coolers were killing me. The Cooler Master GeminII S was a great price and works very well. Intel Core i7-870 Processor 2.93 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1156

A fine choice for an 1156 board! Just make sure you know what RAM it supports by going to all RAM vendors and plug in the brand and model board you have. I use Corsair often only because I give my processors just a slight overclock without going into dangerous territory. My Intel Core i7-870 2.93GHz Processor is clocked to 3.2 GHz and it's rock stable. My other PC has a 2.8 GHz Quad core (no longer available) and it's overclocked to 2.93 Ghz. Go figure. Anyway, knowledge is power. You're free to investigate on your own. It's quite foolish nowadays to think you're saving money by only buying two 1 gigabyte RAM modules. Your processor is not being utilized to its potential with a choice like that.

un buen procesador la verda no tengo ninguna queja sobre el y pues asta el momento no se me traba nada lo mas q se traba es el programa pero no la computadora si me dijieran o preguntaran si lo volviera a comprar vuelvo a decir 55 veces mas q si lo compro solo quiero comprar otro disipador que es el v8 de cooler master para q le de otro aspecto a la computadora

Nice and fast. Was going to purchase the Xeon X3470 or i7-875k but decided to go with this CPU. Saved myself sixty bucks considering I'm going to upgrade mobo and CPU again soon. Gonna see how Bulldozer performs and if it's good I'm gonna buy the Asus Sabertooth 990FX gamer series along with the BD. If it's just hype then I'll wait and see how the next gen. Intel Ivy Bridge performs. All in all, I'm happy with it and it overclocks well thru FSB. Just know the heatsink and fan included sucks complete balls. It's a joke, really.



Didn't like the way Amazon packed the CPU... a little CPU box inside a really big box with a budget amount of bubble wrap. When I opened it the CPU wasn't even protected. I was going to be really pissed if it didn't work due to carelessness in packaging but all was well in the end. So, no harm no foul.



It's a good buy so if you have a LGA 1156 socket don't think twice. If you have locked bios then you might want to consider the 875k or Xeon so you can OC with multiplier.

Wow ! Running Intel DH55HC m'board , 1156 socket, 8Gb Corsaire 1333 memory , Nvidia GE 9600 so far it's a Ferrari engine in a Nissan body ! Nice to see CPU usage ( Windows 7 Home Pre(x64) ) gadget show'g the 8 cores ( 4 + 4 Ht ).Everything JUMPIN'!

Arrived from Amazon on promised date 4/1 , dropped it in, rethermaled with ArticSilver 5 using Thermaltake 4 pipe cooler, inexpensive investment , was concerned about higher heat , averaging 36 to 45 Cel. Used Sculptris ( ZBrush like modeling program ) all cores went to 100% CPU Temp hit 90C, won't do THAT again. Aside from that, Blender 3D, Corel Photo, Cyberlink DVD & PowerDirector 9 , MS Office etc everything's cool Temp's never get over 52C.

Booted after installing , received 2 messages to restart ( had to reboot twice ) been good to go since. Not concerned w/ overclocking , my understanding this bad boy oc's ITSELF ! Like a McDonald's commercial "I'm Lovin' It !!!".Using a 550W power supply, 3 WesternDigital HDD's seemingly no problems. Hope this helps.

"Just happy to be here !"

I just recently upgraded to this processor after running one of the i5 quad core processors for the past year and a half and I'm quite happy to report that the difference in performance is exponential. I love Intel for the durability and performance of their processors and this CPU meets and beats all the expectations that I have set for Intel. I highly recommend this processor.

Bought this at the end of the year. Originally, the ship date was going to be like a week or two out. The next day after I ordered, Amazon let me know I would be getting it in the next couple of days. It was perfect, because that is when I was getting all the rest of my computer parts.



Install the i7 on a ASUS P7P55 LX, with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. Everything installed perfect, and the bios read everything correctly. Had no problems installing Windows 7 64bit.



Used the stock cooler so far. Seems to do the job. - 870 - Cpu - I7 - Fast'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information