Friday 30 April 2010

Shooting Accessories - ear protection, hearing protector


My husband & I both like to shoot at our local gun club and he was using ear covers that were so stiff and tight that headaches were a given. BUT then he tried my ear covers like these and loved them! So got him his own pair for his birthday :) They provide excellent ear protection on the firing range and are extremely comfortable and lightweight to wear!!! Great product! Peltor 97007 Bulls Eye 9 Hearing Protector

i can't give enough praise for the quality of these headphones. i'm not actually using these for their intended purpose .. i am a very light sleeper and sometimes the smallest noises will wake me up .. since buying these i can actually sleep and hear NOTHING .. the isolation and noise reduction of these muffs is top notch. i can actually SLEEP with these things on they are so comfortable .. to top it all off, Peltor makes these in Sweden! no wonder the engineering is so precise.

Great ear protection for shooting. The cushions are soft and the design is great--not too tight not too loose. Handguns, shotguns & small caliber rifles are some great uses for this pair of ears. You may want to wear earplugs with these ears if you shoot large caliber rifles. Personally the earmuffs worked fine for me while shooting my rifle but that's just me. Bottom line: this is a definitely a good (and cheap) buy!

I bought these for use in a small computer server room. They effectively dampen most frequencies, but don't completely block out the noise. You can hear human voices very clearly when using these, which may or may not be desirable, depending on your situation. They are very lightweight and seem reasonably comfortable, although I haven't worn them for longer than 30 minutes at a time.

I purchased this ear pro along with the Peltor MT15H7F (sound amplified at 6x the cost)



This ear pro block quite a bit of noise, however they don't block as much noise as the best foam inserts like the Peltor Skull screws 30db



The upside is that these are much more comfortable then the foam inserts over the time period of a few hours.



Minor negative is that if you wear eye pro with these they can sometimes make a gap between your head and the ear pro. If you move them around right it fixes it 90%

(My indoor range requires eye and ear pro, I use Oakly M-Frames)



Another minor problem that is inherent in all over the ear protection is that it can sometimes be annoying trying to get good stock-weld.

(Just a minor problem for all ear pro in this category, but it goes away as you learn to shoot more with them.



(If you are looking for something in the ear try the Peltor Skull screws, even though screws in your ears doesn't sound fun they are the best in the ear foam plugs I've used (and I've used a lot)





I would recommend this product, especially if you will be wearing them for over an hour (Foam gets uncomfortable for me regardless of style after an hour or so) - Peltor Earmuffs - Earmuffs - Ear Protection - Hearing Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information