Wednesday 28 April 2010

Love This - love this, diaper


As a mom of 5 Boys, I offer my experience with disposable diapers.



I imagine myself having to wear diapers all the time and look for the best fit which I feel equals the best comfort. I have found that a great fit PLUS often changes equals no or minimal leaks.



In order to achieve a great fit you need to start with the correct size. I have found that the numbers on the box mean nothing! YOur babies height and frame size really determine which size your baby needs. It is usually a lot of trial and error but I have always purchased the next size well before my babies were actually the weight stated on the packaging.



Sagging, that is, when the crotch hangs down makes for a very uncomfortable diaper. Huggies supremes have the elastic in the back of the diaper which tends to hold the diaper up better, but I have discovered that there is so much padding between the legs that this style simply does not work for boys.



The wide stretchy sides that pampers cruisers have make achieving a perfect fit very easy! Although, sometimes I have to roll the back of the diaper back a bit to get that perfect fit. If pampers had a little bit of elastic in the back, they woudl be perfect! Also, the padding inside is trimmer in the crotch area making it not as bulky.



I also love the new woven liner. It is very soft. I don't know if it serves any other purpose but I feel better putting someithing soft and somewhat airy on my little baby.



I have tried Pampers Baby Dry, Huggies Baby Shaped and Supreme, Luvs, Walmart's Brand, and CVS premium. I am all about saving money where I can but I also want baby to be comfortable.



I have found all disposable diapers to be pretty much the same and no matter what brand you use, they all serve their purpose. With all the different types I have tried, I have never disliked any one enough to not use the entire pack. In fact, if I go to purchase diapers and there is an irrestible sale on another brand, I will purchase them and only buy a small pack of cruisers. I mix them up in our changing area and end up using both types. Sometimes I have three and four varieties mixed in there.



I do have to admit, the Pampers Cruisers are my first choice and always the ones I am reaching for first. I like the way they smell and especially the way they fit, even more now that Luca is up and Cruising around. They are the only ones I have found to not sag and shift with our toddler's many busy antics and movements.



Hope this helps!



Rosemary Bertinelli

My son is currently 14 months old. When he was a newborn, we used pampers swaddlers and when he was ready for the size threes, we decided to use pampers cruisers since they had the same absorb away liner in them that we loved. When I recently received another box of cruisers in the mail, I was disappointed to discover that the liner was missing. After calling the company, I found out that unfortunately, pampers has chosen to get rid of the absorb away liner in their cruisers and put out a new line of "Pampers Cruisers Premium Absorbency" available at Target. While using the box of the new style of cruisers my son developed the first diaper rash of his life despite frequent changes. These diapers are not as good as they were previously and I really wish that the company would go back to the old style. Needless to say, I am searching for a new diaper.

Cruisers were great. No complaints. Now suddenly, the mesh liner is gone, and when my son urinates, it smells like a CHEMICAL PLANT. I'm not kidding. These are the worst, cheapest things ever. And they didn't even change the packaging. I am so angry -- clearly they just wanted to save a buck, but the smell of these things? VILE. I have compared the old and "new" side by side -- old: nice smell, thicker, mesh lining. New: no lining, smells like chemicals, thinner. I will make it my business to write bad reviews about these diapers, because it's so typical that they think they can change something without telling the consumer, and we're supposed to pay the same amount for worse quality. Way to cut corners, Pampers. I hope you lose half your business because of the bad reviews the new Cruisers are getting. That's what happens when you try and sneak something past the customers. And PampersPattie, the Pampers rep who trolls on these sites and "responds" -- there's nothing you can say that changes the truth -- these diapers SUCK. And you know it.

I had my son in Huggies for the first year or so, then switched to Pampers cruisers and am very happy with the change. The papmers are lighter weight than the Huggies and I have had less leaks with the Pampers. As for sizing, I've found that all these diapers vary even though they say they are all the same size. For example, a size 4 diapers goes from smaller to larger with the following progression: Huggies Supreme->Huggies->Pampers cruisers. So if you are finding your Huggies size 4 getting small, try Pampers cruisers size 4 before moving on to a size 5. - Diaper - Pampers - Love This'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information