Friday 30 April 2010

Nutrition - raw vegan, cleanse


I received this book in eager anticipation and was not disappointed. I have found the recipes in this book delicious and satisfying. Green Beauty and Pico de Gallo are just a few of my favorites. I can make the Chia Custard Shake and feel totally full when I need something in the middle of the day. Ruby's Smokin' Hot Tomato Soup is so good. Wonderful book. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to incorporate healthy and tasty alternatives to their diet. Raw Food Cleanse: Restore Health and Lose Weight by Eating Delicious, All-Natural Foods - Instead of Starving Yourself

Penni Shelton has created this wonderful book, in part, through the experience of real people in real life following her program. And I have to say, I think that alone makes it an excellent resource for raw food info ... because we're all looking for real results. Penni's writing style is also warm and encouraging ... she's just a delightful and inspiring writer.



This book is organized around 3, 7, 14 and 28 day cleanses. But in this case, a "cleanse" is neither harsh nor strict with so many raw food recipes. The recipes are easy to follow and the dishes are visually stunning and delicious.



I really enjoyed the real life stories of people who've already done this program. They're genuine and open in telling about the changes that have happened in their health and their lives after following this way of eating and living.



I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in a genuine and uncomplicated introduction to the amazing health benefits a raw food lifestyle can help create.

The Raw Food Cleanse is an easy guide for anyone who is interested in upping their health game which features a test group of people who actually participated in a trial cleanse. The information is clear and encouraging for newbies to the raw movement as well as seasoned followers. There are juice feasts of various lengths so you can test the waters or dive in for a long term fast. In any case, there are a multitude of delicious recipes to create for during your fast and a bevy of taste titillating recipes for post cleanse. I have alot of raw food recipe books and the recipes in this book are not overwhelming as some of the books I have. Even if you are not gung ho about cleansing I would recommend it merely for the recipes. It is the perfect affordable choice for anyone who wants to increase their intake of fruits and vegetables in a easy yummy creative way!!

This book practically jumped into my hands--read me! read me!. I do have about five or six raw cookbooks that my friends have given me. But as I have recently returned to a raw diet for cleansing, I was so happy to read this little gem. Just about every recipe calls to me and looks so much easier that other raw books I have. Plus it's packed with so much other useful information all in one concise and easy to digest format. I am going to order more copies for my family and friends. After using these recipes for two weeks my brain fog is gone, my skin looks great, the whites of my eyes are whiter, and I have so much more energy! The food revolution is on!

This is THE book that changed my life. I heard of it from a friend who did a cleanse and I bought it just for the cleanse but loved it so much and eating raw so much I kept on going and now 3 months later I still use this book EVERY day. I recommend it to all my friends, even those who don't want to eat Raw all the time like me, but for the cleanse and for great recipe ideas. I never knew juices could be so good and it takes smoothie making to a whole new level. I also never knew how much you can do with raw ingredients, this book has some amazing dressing and dips. It was also educational for me, I know more about food and nutrition than I ever have and I have this book to thanks for making me change my diet and my life.

After reading such glowing reviews and researching the author online, I eagerly anticipated starting this cleanse. But, the results and the experience were not at all what I expected.



After just two days into the 14 day program, I became so violently ill that I had to immediately stop. Now, before anyone suggests that I must have been going through a "detox", I would like to explain that I am a vegan who eats almost entirely organic foods. I am extremely fit and active and compete in triathlons. I consider my health optimal. So why start a cleanse? Well, I had been interested in raw foods and basically wanted to give my body a reboot and see how my performance was affected. Unfortunately for this review, I instantly felt better once I returned to solid foods and stopped the juicing.



I still am interested in raw foods and will take away some of the recipes she included in the book, but as far as a cleanse... I will do without. One other small criticism I have for this book is that the stories in the book, although inspirational, are taken from people who did not actually do the specific cleanses in the book. These people who signed up for the test followed a different program entirely, which the author used as research for the programs she outlines. Even the foods and juices seem different. Just a note...



For anyone who did well on this cleanse, bravo! But, it's not for me.

I thought this book was very informative and got down to the main subject instead of the first 100 pages being about the history. There was a lot of practical recipes and I have certainly gotten plenty of use out of this book! I've even let my vegan friends take a peek at this! I love this book and keep it in my purse!

Wow! This book was everything I hoped for!!! It has so much great information that encourages you towards healthy living (but no guilt or pressure). Then it's broken down so clearly with the cleanses which make it so doable. I'm new to RAW and was looking for a book to guide me. I've done the 3 day cleans and plan to do the 28 day cleanse next. I LOVE that its not 'extreme' which makes it really feel like I'm learning a lifestyle in a gentle way.

And the recipes!!!!! So good!!! I really love them all. I think after I do the cleanse I'll go through and make each one. How fun and yum!

I LOVE this book and am so glad I got it!!!!! (I've seen it at big book stores and its cheaper here on Amazon).

Get this for yourself, you deserve it! Peace and carrots! - Raw Food Recipes - Healthy Living - Raw Vegan - Cleanse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information